The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

As far as I am aware uprating to 3500 differences are, extenders on the front bump stops, front springs are 90 rears iirc, salisbury rear axle which were fitted to all hi cap pickups regardless of weight rating, and finaly rear helper springs.

strengthened chassis were generaly specked by utility companies when they ordered them new, it is not essential as I found out when I had to replace a utility spec chassis.and as far as I am aware the brakes are the same.

If you can find a good landy dealer they might be persauded to order you an uprated plate, which is the proper way to do it.

Will try to get some pics of my rebuilt 130 up now it is finaly on the road :)

As far as I am aware uprating to 3500 differences are, extenders on the front bump stops, front springs are 90 rears iirc, salisbury rear axle which were fitted to all hi cap pickups regardless of weight rating, and finaly rear helper springs.

strengthened chassis were generaly specked by utility companies when they ordered them new, it is not essential as I found out when I had to replace a utility spec chassis.and as far as I am aware the brakes are the same.

If you can find a good landy dealer they might be persauded to order you an uprated plate, which is the proper way to do it.

HI SCRAGGS the brakes were uprated on 3500kgs ex gas 110 on the rear they fitter 90 front clappers on mate ours thanks jon :thumbup:

HI SCRAGGS the brakes were uprated on 3500kgs ex gas 110 on the rear they fitter 90 front clappers on mate ours thanks jon :thumbup:

If you go through the parts catalogue they are the same discs and calipers, my utility spec 130 has the same front and rear braking as my 3050kg 110 hicap.

so although he has that fitted you don't need it to uprate to 3500kg

we are uprating our hicap when it has it's new chassis.

And the ones off the front of my 130 were huge - bigger again than off the equivalent 110 as it took several attempts to get pads for the front. Might be different now though.

I've never tried Old Man Emu myself but have only ever heard good about them.

Have fitted several sets of Terrafirma springs and shocks to other vehicles (not my own) and wasn't hugely impressed with them, but they were still loads better than britpart :lol:

EDIT: the Bearmach blue springs seem to be holding up well so far on my 90, but it's never really carrying an awful lot.

Edited by Chris Sheppard

anything was possible with LRSV, depended on what was on the shelf I think :biggrin:

Am finding my LR rear and helper springs a pretty hard and uncomfortable ride at the moment, wishing I had gone with air assist bags now.

Edited by scraggs

anything was possible with LRSV, depended on what was on the shelf I think :biggrin:

Am finding my LR rear and helper springs a pretty hard and uncomfortable ride at the moment, wishing I had gone with air assist bags now.

A friend of mine had the ultimate set up. He fitted r/r air bags instead of springs on the back of his hicap. Nice soft ride when empty with a simple rocker switch on the dash to correct ride height when loaded. He used to dump the air when hooking up trailers rather than mess with the jockey wheels. It really was a neat set up and cheap.

Bob

Hi scraggs ,

Heres the spec of this 110...it a 92 defender 200 tdi,ex-utility converted to a tipper. It has a salisbury rear axle...just really trying to find out what to change....maybe a good idea to look at a 130?

Cheers Matty:thumbup1:

Depends on its body. If its a 3050kg then it may have the body that is one piece with the cab. Not an issue if its staying as a pickup but you won't have a full width tailgate.

It may be worth installing some heavier duty springs if there aren't any on it. Shocks are all the same really but if you get HD springs you'll be able to get shocks with them in a kit.

The plating will need changing but I'm unsure of the process.

What's the body got to do with the revenue weight?

As its under 3500kg is doesn't have a plate as such, its revenue weight is declared on the log book