The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

Just thinking i've never showed my landy so here goes. Before refurb, during and after.

I did say she pulled the odd heavy load!

IMG_1345_zpsd48ed82e.jpg

During refurb

IMG_1529_zpsb8c22a35.jpg

And after. She has changed somewhat since with new wheels and tyres some trim running boards A bar spots etc etc.

IMG_1547_zps7673d405.jpg

Proper job there Ryan. Nicely done.

Fixed that for ya:laugh1:

Haha!

To be honest, I've been looking for a couple of years for a 3.9 with a good motor, but most seem to be 130-200k on the clock. The lower mileage ones get broken if they're rotten, and the motors with say 60-90k on them bring upto £600.

As its going into my V8 110 station wagon, I wanted the ecu so thought it also better to get the whole truck, then I could pull the wiring out myself. Actually being able to drive the truck myself was a bonus too, instead of buying a "genuine low mileage good runner" that's sat on a pallet:sneaky2:

I could go on about the merrits of the V8 vs the various 2.5 diesels, but I know you wont believe me!:lol:

Haha!

I could go on about the merrits of the V8 vs the various 2.5 diesels, but I know you wont believe me!:lol:

You would be preaching to the converted, I have been fitting V8's to land rovers since I was 18

Nothing in the automotive world has the magic that a V8 possesses

Nice one Rob, stick 'em up when she's done:thumbup1:

On another note, if you need any bits for it I'm soon going to be breaking a late series 1 so let me know. Its complete, I just bought it for the motor so the rest will end up on the Bay eventually:001_cool:

Took some pics today. Still need to trim that bumper. Angle grinder should do a good job of it!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373915482.173354.jpg.1266952f03887f50217681ecebfe2d73.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373915522.570360.jpg.4d67eb93f9673e687a4fec1b24da8572.jpg

Is that right?

No. LOL

Unless the V8 is tuned with racing cams etc then definitely no, unless its the 4.6...

YES!

At present I'm getting between 18 and 23 mpg from my td5. My V8 averages around 15.

I do have a gas kit for the v8 but never even been a requirement tbh. That said, fitted it would way outpay a diesel.

Then of course, there is THAT noise, must be worth sacrificing a few dinosours:thumbup:

Is that right?

I had a 3.5 V8 90 - about 10 mpg when heavy towing, 15 mpg unladen on a decent run.

Sold it for a 200 Tdi, 31mpg best return and about 22 - 25 mpg heavy towing.

Now got a 110 Td5, got 32 mpg on a decent run recently unladen with an overdrive fitted.

Got it stage 3 mapped last weekend specifically for towing/mpg, not done a test yet but reckon I'm up a bit on mpg. Normally get 400 miles from tank unladen and 320 - 350 when towing. First tank after being chipped got 380 mostly with the trailer on.

I'd say my 200 Tdi was best for towing as standard compared the the Td5 which seems to lack low down grunt but once chipped I think the Td5 will pull really well............once the clutch has been replaced as it started to slip!!

That said, it depends a lot on how heavy your right foot is, I drive like a coffin dodger - about 60 - 65 mph on the motorway and fairly carefully on the back roads!!!

Edited by KLMLTD
none