The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

Really fed up today.

After 2 and a half years completely rebuilding my 130 in my spare time as part of it instead of having the bulkhead galvanised I decided hot zinc spray was the way to go as I had heard about bulkheads distorting when galvanised and our local galvanisers are well known for distorting stuff.

But the firm who done the hot zinc spray made a bit of a mess of things and powder coated it aswell, long story short it looks very much like powder coat is all they done to it, and if they did hot zinc spray it was rubbish job as it is already rusting :(

Not very happy at all

I was going to rebuild my 110 hicap next but am now seriously considering an Ibex, although pig ugly rust is unlikely to be an issue, however after calling them today I won't get a kit until the end of the year.

I'd be straight back there whether the landy was rebuilt or still in pieces and tell them to sort it. Bang out of order if they say they galvanise and do a crap job!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I'd be straight back there whether the landy was rebuilt or still in pieces and tell them to sort it. Bang out of order if they say they galvanise and do a crap job!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

They are coming out this week to discuss how they are going to sort it.

Just a little bit soul destroying after all the work gone into it.

I am currently looking into how we could do another complete rebuild using all glass fibre panels and bulkhead (with better water sealing) :) same with the doors.

I have been having fun with my 90 and sourcing electrical issues. Thought it was alternator but after cleaning a few earth points etc seemed ok so thought it was a bad earth but now back to thinking its alternator. Normally I would pay someone to sort it but really need the motor and everywhere are busy so tackled the removal of said alternator with help from a mate, getting it tested tomorrow so kind of want it to be the problem so can get it sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the best paint for a defender my old man has bought one (that I can use too!) and want to do a paint job as it's looking really tired. We don't want the best finish paint job, if we did we would pay for a pro paint job.

I want a paint that's going to stick like the proverbial, going to prep it and primer it first of course.

Thought it was about time I uploaded a couple of pic's of my Defender.

Had the 110 Td5 for about 4 years now. Stage 3 remap which has made towing the Alpine much better!!

I owned the series 3 when I was 18, had it for 3 weeks, caught fire and spent all summer rebuilding it - sold it 16 years ago and found it on ebay last summer so bought it back - time for another rebuild I guess.........!!

WP_000156.jpg.34be1dd4ce35ec3a4850208d9e886f7b.jpg

WP_000175.jpg.a07d8e44feeeda16883c54d18336b07c.jpg

Hi all just a note to show my truck.

DSCF1581.jpg

kevs008.jpg

we have a 6 cylinder 4.2 tdi Mwm engine fitted to this wagon, makes it fairly move along. Engine is rated at 150hp. Landrover is used to tow trailers all the time including a 21ft bevertail we use to carry mowers for contract works

• 2 weeks later...