BIG SAWS-best choice.

leafcut

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a 660 with a 36" bar and it was beyond awful.

Now I've got a 395xp with a 34" and it's good but demon with a 28".

For felling and ringing up BIG stuff and milling get a 3120. If its going to be used also for cross cutting etc, get a 395xp.

Just my opinion though.

Edited by Old Mill Tree Care

I used a husky 395 the other week ringing up a big chestnut,cut really well with a 28" bar.then I changed to a stihl 660 as the chain snapped on the husky,the stihl had a 30 " bar on .from using these two saw within minutes of eacother,if I ws going to splash the cash,I'd have the husqvarna 395 any day for big timber ! Cut a lot quicker ,felt smoother and didnt get "bogged down" when digging the dogs teeth in .

Steve

If you are looking to mill large trees then it's either the 880 or 3120 - simple as that. The 90cc saws are fine for milling up to 30" diameter but if you're looking to mill larger then you need the 120cc.

Which one? - there'll be just as many on either side of the fence - do you have a dealer near by that you get one with and can rely on for backup?

I do a lot of milling and my 880 is out more than any of my other saws. That is really where those big saws are handy.

:001_smile:

3120 did have a manual oiler on the one I used ,might be a benifit if milling ... I worked on a lot of big timber with both the 88 and 3120 but those tree's have all nearly gone .... And they are horrible heavy saws that have plenty of torque but cutting speed?? Power to weight a 36" 395 or 66 is so much nicer to use especially in a tree, my 395 has really done me proud ,the older 66's I have used were equally as nice to use but i would still choose the 395 .. Shame you missed jonsies bargain XPG !!