What jobs can you safely give a 12 year old son in

gensetsteve

At 12 I was driving tractors, ( Dexta, Super Major and E53A Major) and using implements like thistle cutters etc.

In these days of Health and Safety then you will probably be limited to bagging kindling as already suggested, cleaning equipment again as suggested and if he is keen and ready to progress as a reward perhaps a go under close supervision with some equipment. Mind you when he tells his mum its probably doghouse time for you !!.

A

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really depends on how you have built the Lad up.If you have introduced him to Machinery and graft at a young age and gradually built his confidence and ability then you alone will know his limits.

Its a question you really need to ask yourself.

at the age of 12 i was using a chainsaw and that age you wont find chainsaw trouses or boots to this day i hardly ware them i was small still am lol loading the truck with logs dragging brash to the chipper clearing up hedge trimming weeding cutting lawns with mowers n strimmers washing the trucks down show and teach your lad and have trust this will build him into a hard working man who knows money just dont get give to you i was never given pocket money my old man always said go n earn money if you need or want it

dragging brash, using a rake and a blower!..I've got 3 boys and they've all done stuff (under close supervision) on site since they were about 12 or 13. My twins are now 16 and did CS38 the other week. :001_smile:

I was driving and carting for the harvest the year of my twelfth birthday, the men who were supposed to do it were both ill. The job turned to me and my then 15 year old brother.

I shall never forget the day I had my first proper job, I was the only person small enough to get inside the water tanks and change the fittings, must've been about 7 or 8 at the time.

Let the kid play, he has all his life to work.:001_smile:

:thumbup1: I was going to say the very same mate!!!!!!!!!!

Give the lad some money and let him enjoy his childhood!!!!!!

My son is 16 he's just starting to work with me, he has never really done any work before this.

Just because a person works it does'nt mean they cant play and people that earn money have far more respect for than people used to be handed it on a plate.

Half the problems with the younger generation is they feel life should all be play and money should be handed to them on a plate :thumbdown:

Let the lad work and as part payment if he does well spend a day doing what he wants to do, Good bonding time done right :thumbup1:

Or do what Skyhuck and Mr Blair say and bung him a tenner and let him roam the streets :001_tongue: