What do climber's charge.£ per hour.???

jnoon

Makes me laugh when people say your too cheap :sneaky2:.... They don't know your situation, or your market!

For instance, logs for eg, people begrudge paying "X" amount for a bag, but 20 miles down the road i could get 20-30 quid a bag more.... ;)

You can only get what you can get, and you make sure you get as much as you can! Cover your costs, wages and be happy!

You could go in higher and loose out on work by joe bloggs dwon the road under cutting you, then your in a worse position than before.....

You know what your worth and when you achieve your day rate you want you'll be happy :)

Tbh i would like my day rate to go up and think it should as i know and OTHERS know what i can do in a day, but the likely hood of that happening at the moment isn't feasable due to how things are economy wise and money being tight.....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pay between 100 to 150 for climbers i have one really good climber that can knock jobs out quickly and safely and does everything i ask of him he will get 150 plus bonus which last week was a100£ Another lad i use has been climbing for under a year and wants the experience to build up his confidence he gets 100 a day plus bonus.

How much does your fuel cost where you live? Bread? Rent/mortgage? Is it a third of the prices elsewhere in the country? I doubt it. Most climbers in this area I know (top of their game mind you) are earning in excess of £150 a day. And why shouldnt they? A good team will always make more money than half a good team (ie one good climber, 2 lazy groundies) as you can only work at the pace of the slowest/weakest link. Cheap labour is like fitting cheap parts to a machine, it will break down.

£100 a day is alright if your employed with benefits but self employed thats not enough! yes theres always someone that'll work for it but maybe thats where the industry is going wrong when you get to 40 and your backs ****** and your not capable of climbing any more you'll regret working for crap rates but if youve earnt enough to be able invest and then have your own kit and blokes working for you then things wont look so bad but on £100 a day you'll struggle to replace your saws let alone invest in anything else.

Most local firms to me will pay £140-£200 a day to a self employed climber depending on his skill levels and kit!

With an hourly rate when the job is job and knock the harder you work the less you earn,

Arran

How do you figure that?

Job and knock means you get your days pay and get to go home when the job is done so you earn what you would have and get to go home early.

£100 a day is alright if your employed with benefits but self employed thats not enough! yes theres always someone that'll work for it but maybe thats where the industry is going wrong when you get to 40 and your backs ****** and your not capable of climbing any more you'll regret working for crap rates but if youve earnt enough to be able invest and then have your own kit and blokes working for you then things wont look so bad but on £100 a day you'll struggle to replace your saws let alone invest in anything else.

Most local firms to me will pay £140-£200 a day to a self employed climber depending on his skill levels and kit!

If i charge £140, around here i would get laughed at:confused1:,

its still nice to know what other subbys charge, the same guy i was talking aboutcharges about £100 for subbying, he has his own tipper kit etc.. i guess thats what im up against :confused1: