black transit

jose

We had two chippers stolen a few years ago,they hot wired a tarmac lorry, they must have chained the chippers on as they were locked, took the first one, drove straight through the chainlink fence, back within 12 mins ( all caught on cctv) took the second one and the following day the lorry was found near a static gypsy camp.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I continue to read in utter discontent and amazement one story after another like this one. Since I don't have any skin in the game per say I have no real problem with calling a spade a spade in my country or here, I think?. Anyway I am still wondering to this day what is the breaking point for the people of Britian?. Are the suspected accused so untouchable that they may be allowed to continue this undeterred rampage against anyone and everyone in your country??. With all the challenges we face on a day to day basis in our mutual country's this reoccurring pox against your selfs must end some how some way. With a membership as large as AT is it not possible to pull the combined resources of said organization and others of like mind to make your voices know to the rest of the citizens of your country?. I welcome other comments since this problem is not going away on it's own.

easy- lift guy

Real sorry to hear your bad news mate. I had my Timberwolf Chipper taken 9/11/09, following year 1/12/10 my Landy went with all my gear and i mean every thing. Was like a mobile workshop full of my stuff. Then last January someone tried to pinch my Pajero. All these were parked on my drive at home under my bedroom window. Worst thing is all was chained and locked with several locks and chains. My alarm saved my pajero though. Like you said coppers dont give a sh1t.

I personally blame the people who have no interest in changing the current laws, be it the judges or the politicians.

Its a very well know fact that these scum account for a large part of specific crimes, and yet they use loop holes to get off scott free.

This camp only has 6 familes on it currently so there are not that many culprits to chose from. why not change it so that by association, ie living surrounded by stolen goods that you have some guilt.

I am sure many of us could think of loads of changes to stop them or at least make there life harder to commit crime.

It turns out that they stole another van on the thursday night which ad a tracker unit fitted, the police did a covert search and saw the van and then launched a proper raid at dawn this friday.

Upon entering they basically found a shed load of stolen kit, including 6 trucks.

They ask if anybody owns anything, they shrug there sholders and because nobody was seen doing it they are all presummed innocent!

The only reason they recovered my body was the recovery man saw it poking above a fence and got the police to investigae. they were already getting ready to leave. my body was behind a fence in a big hole!

upon reovery to the secure location the police took photos of the body and immidiately wrote it off as a simple ally box with not way to trace the owner so its wortless apart from scrap.

YET from 10ft away you can still see 90% of the sign writing!!!!

it was only because the recovery firm looked into it and got my phone no off the body, then he called my office to c if we have lost a vehicle( which we had) that we have got anything left to show for it.

The police didnt contact us for another 24 hrs.

And only upon finding out how much the body costs to build was the officer dealing with it showed any interest!

the icing though is with the ladder.

I asked the officer about my ladder as i knew they had recovered a large number of ladders at the site. I expalined that it was a very distinctive ladder ( i have never seen another like it ever!) and would be instantly recognisable.

On the phone the office seems a bit cagey and unwilling, and kind of fobbed me off with a 'speak to us next week when we have had another look'line.

Yet speaking to the recovery firm he said that 2 of the gypises did tree work for a living (yeah right) and said that the ladders were theres, so they took some pictures and let them lake a load of them away!!!

Thats a £250 ladder that isnt covered by the insurance!

And to easy life one of the biggest problems is they claim is racial discriminalisation. How exactly? they r as white as me!

Only difference is they live in mobile homes and steal for a living. thats it!

This country is plagued and will be its down fall by do gooders claiming everybody has rights for everything. Except the white middle class. they just have to pay and put up.

The poor get given everything. they rich have it all so are shielded from the scum and /or poor so they dont care.

i think i could rant for ever but need to get some sleep soon.

parting thought. insurance keeps going up but look in the rich list that came out and quite a few are in there. ( admirals worth something like 3 Billion).

i am sure they are still blaming the rise on sept 11. or is the drought now......

^agree with all of that. police don't seem to give a crap when it comes to traveller crime.

they stole my mother in law's horsebox trailer and the police did absolutely nothing apart from take a statement. if they had looked in the local traveller camps they would of found it.

does your insurance cover downtime?

^agree with all of that. police don't seem to give a crap when it comes to traveller crime.

they stole my mother in law's horsebox trailer and the police did absolutely nothing apart from take a statement. if they had looked in the local traveller camps they would of found it.

does your insurance cover downtime?

no afraid not, nor the hire vehicle we had, though next years renewal came in the other day and that would cover van hire.

We had to badger the police all day for them to come out to take a crime statement ( all i wanted was the crime ref no) for me to get the insurance co to start moving.

They are another joke, after saying give us all the paperwork within 7 days or we assume you dont wish to proceed ( r they joking?) we got it to them by monday for them to say they person dealing with it only works off the phones once a week on a friday so nothing is done till then.

so another week to go by.

I would love to say to these people sorry the accountant doing your wages this moth only works on it once a month so u will have to was another week or so before they bother to start sorting your wages. How fast would they moan then?

Jose - the whole thing is a joke. I had a similar situation earlier this year when a chipper disappeared and everyone from the police to the insurance company was totally useless.

You have to look at everything you have and know that the only person that will look after it/get it back/pay out in the event of its loss is YOU - keep everything double locked and never let it out of your sight. Thieves (there are other names for them) are everywhere, and have way way more front than you would ever believe. I feel very sorry for you and wish I could suggest answers but all I can do is be all bird-like and share your pain!

I continue to read in utter discontent and amazement one story after another like this one. Since I don't have any skin in the game per say I have no real problem with calling a spade a spade in my country or here, I think?. Anyway I am still wondering to this day what is the breaking point for the people of Britian?. Are the suspected accused so untouchable that they may be allowed to continue this undeterred rampage against anyone and everyone in your country??. With all the challenges we face on a day to day basis in our mutual country's this reoccurring pox against your selfs must end some how some way. With a membership as large as AT is it not possible to pull the combined resources of said organization and others of like mind to make your voices know to the rest of the citizens of your country?. I welcome other comments since this problem is not going away on it's own.

easy- lift guy

It's a law thing, firearms are very taboo here and we have no right to bare arms, I'd we attack an intruder the intruder has more right than the homeowner, even with the new laws were we are allowed to use reasonable force is a joke.

There has been one case were the homeowner has won recently but I doubt there will be any more.

It is and always will be pathetic IMO.

we had an attempted robbery two weeks ago.

(i've been trying to get the footage from the CCTV hard drive onto pc to put on here but can't :blushing: )

i nearly caught one of them, even though i was semi naked having just got out of the shower.

after he'd cleared the 7' fence at the rear of our property i was shouting the usual round of F%%^ and B£"£%^^ at him when he turned round and pulled a rather large kitchen knife out and mentioned that he'd have it on him next time he came.

despite my best efforts to persuade him, he wouldn't come back and give me a better view of said knife.

a couple of days later when our beloved police force decided to turn up and i showed them the CTV footage, gave a statement, list of stolen stuff etc

when i came to telling them about the knife, APPARENTLY i should have stayed in the house, rang the police, and waited :lol:

if anyone enters my property again, i'm to lock the doors, and call the police :lol:

when i explained to the two nice lady officers that what i WOULD be doing was going out to any intruders carrying one of the shotguns, loaded, for bear, she was aghast.

two days later i get an unannounced visit from our local firearms officer. She'd just 'popped' in as she was passing, but proceeded to give me a lecture on what IS and ISN'T acceptable during a break in.

Well, i'm afraid to say her lecture went straight over my head.

the next time the dogs start up, and the security lights are doing their best blackpool impression, i'll be putting 3 50g BB cartridges into the semi auto.

sod the results, i'll quite happily go to prison with a clear consience

(should i post this on an open forum ? :blushing:)

I have been the victim of chipper theft, luckily I got it back! The police were uninterested, when i told them that I had (off my own back) found out who had it and was going to meet him to pay a grand to get it back, If they could supply a copper with a warrant card it would be a guaranteed nick they said they were busy, could i delay it for a few days! Took some mates, no money changed hands.