Be honest now please

predator

I do most of my forestry on my own, felling and extraction. All the small tree climbing work i do on my own, and bring in subbies for the bigger jobs.

I do not push the limits when i am on my own, and take it steddy.

I have managed to freek my self out a number of times working in the woods. Twice getting lost, and once in a white out as it was getting dark. A stern talking to myself, retracing my steps, soon got me out.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate working alone because it's so boring but when the money isn't in the jobs which is very rare these days I will go and crack on on my own. Or the odd bit of section felling on woodland trees for a guy I know who is too tight to pay for Groundy as well as myself as I can clear up far more quickly with the excavator afterwards etc. doesn't really bother me to be honest aerial rescue isn't worth a thing anyway.

How many of you use a chainsaw on your own n be honest as i wont/dont do it etc

they frighten the hell out of me the damage they could do how would you get help bleeding to death etc

so be honest and confess or am i being over the top with safety etc accidents are real and cause havoc to lives

HI MATE i no a chap on the mendips hills he's 85 years old and he cut down a large oak on he's own :lol:jon :thumbup:

I hate working alone because it's so boring but when the money isn't in the jobs which is very rare these days I will go and crack on on my own. Or the odd bit of section felling on woodland trees for a guy I know who is too tight to pay for Groundy as well as myself as I can clear up far more quickly with the excavator afterwards etc. doesn't really bother me to be honest aerial rescue isn't worth a thing anyway.

You'v hit the nail on the head, its not so much about safety, its not about the money, if only i could teach Jack to talk, I can no longer work alone, not because of safety, but because i get too BORED, my main man TMT's stories about life as a young man and his sex conquests get me through the day, its ALL ABOUT THE CRACK, not literally, but about enjoying each minute of each day of your life. Working on trees ,pruning, and cutting them down satisfies the pysical appetite which one develops over the years(endorphin stimuli through physial exercise) but mental stimulation is still a requirment, and no, we don't just talk about sex all day. How many of you who work alone talk to yourself? and when you do find yourself in the company of the opp sex become confused, bedazzled or even vejazzle'd ? Thats how they get cheapo quote's:lol: So when you think you are saving money by working alone, think again, it may be that you have been vejazzle'd:thumbup:

I used to work on my own around 95% of the time. I actually enjoy working on my own sometimes, earphones in, music on and nobody to pester. If I need to converse I just put sports talk on and chat to myself or swear at the idiotic callers. Now I work with someone pretty much all the time and funnily enough that's just as good as we have good banter most of the days. Someone to grizzle and bitch at, laugh with and at. Eye up the female of the species with and generally have good time. Makes the day go faster too.

have been sawing on my own since i first stole my dads 08s when i was about 12. I got battered for it and my punishment was to cut up and split a huge pile of logs!!.

now when im carving i dont like to be disturbed. some body else there is a distraction and accidents happen when people get distracted.

my dad had a fight with a saw a few years ago he was brashing and the saw kicked up caught him across the face, cut down through the muscle onto his collar bone and then dropped to the floor behind him. he then fell back onto it and it dug into the back/ inside of his thigh.

he had been there about 45min when we found him and it took about another 45 min for the ambulance crew to get to him. needless to say he was a bit gray by the time he left for hispital.

so you cant rely on PPE.

the silly bugger took 3 of his fingers off almost a year to the day after it whilst using a chop saw to cut up planks.

some people are just not ment to touch sharp things.!!