One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

The big issue coming up is the big increase of ethanol in pump fuel due to come in next year. Currently checking with the estate insurance as to what changes we have to make to store a pallet at a time. They weren't ridiculous about our red diesel bund, only requiring us to make sure the nozzle was in a secure cage with a padlock. :001_smile:

Diesel aint really a problem as it's not volatile like petrol.

• 2 weeks later...

Been waiting a few weeks now for my local dealer in Forres for his delivery to arrive. How long does it take to get an order up here? Down to the dregs in my blower and strimmer and don't want to run them on normal.

Been waiting a few weeks now for my local dealer in Forres for his delivery to arrive. How long does it take to get an order up here? Down to the dregs in my blower and strimmer and don't want to run them on normal.

My orders always arrive within 3 working days of the order being placed and paid for.

dont you just love it when they say "0n order and will be a couple of days" you could always check with aspen and see if its ordered but then it just winds one up and spoils the day.

they were doing an offer a while ago I think it was 3 gals min, maybe worth looking into.

I run my strimmer a week ago for a couple of hours just to use up some petrol, it was between bushes so fumes hang around, very noticeable with head ache & burning nose. Never get that with aspen, it should be available cheaper then everyone would use it and they would sell more.

Well you've heard of 'Canada Dry', well S.Wales (UK) in Aspen dry. Not a dealer to be found. Someone, maybe even Eddie might say have a look over Hereford way. Well I did, took a trip out to Hereford Mower Services, (29 Beech Business Park,Tillington Rd, H', HR4 9QJ). Only to find they ceased selling any Aspen products a year ago. And have no intension or interest in stocking it in future.

So there's one to cross off the list.

And even though I really would like to run Aspen 2T and maybe chain oil too. I'll just have to do without it.

Edited by TGB

Anglo American are always very efficient in the despatch of orders. Over the last 2 years we have ordered a pallet every 2-3 weeks and have never been let down.

There is no real reason for any dealer to run out of Aspen if they are efficient in their stock control. We have never run out, but have been down to the last few cans a couple of times.

For those customers who cannot get into us, we sometimes send direct. An order has to be in multiples of 3 cans, but will unfortunately attract a £20 plus vat carriage charge.

My dealer got a visit from Eddie and even put up a presentation display next to the counter.

But no aspen 2 has appeared.

I would order direct, but I don't have suitable storage at home for a large quantity.

Bit like me, only I also don't have a need for such quantity. Enquiried at a few places online; but for the quantity I could actually use in a reasonable time period, the postage comes to nearly as much as the fuel.