One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

I should imagine it comes as more than a bit of a shock, here try this and triple your fuel costs over night, there no chance the road tax will be taken off we all know that, so as much as you brush over the cost of this fuel it is a massive issue. Should we not be pushing to have pump fuel improved.

The price is really not an issue to most customers. If it was I would not be selling the volume I do, and would not have the tremendous repeat business.

As for getting pump fuel improved...... good luck with that one!!

So you and Eddie are not making a nice profit from selling Aspen? Can we ask full time cutters to work out how much fuel they use in say six months, now work out the two costs , pump fuel and Aspen, then we can make up our own mind as to what this is costing.

So you and Eddie are not making a nice profit from selling Aspen? Can we ask full time cutters to work out how much fuel they use in say six months, now work out the two costs , pump fuel and Aspen, then we can make up our own mind as to what this is costing.

I try to ensure that I make a profit from every aspect of my business ADW, that includes Aspen (although the margin is low)

I also make profit from repairing the damage caused by stale fuel and the margin on labour sales is much higher.

You keep on about the cost to 'full time cutters', and granted, the cost to them will be considerable. They will likely not suffer from the mechanical issues of stale fuel, but will have a greater exposure to the toxic effects of the pump fuel, a 'cost' they may wish to consider.

But your 'full time cutters' are a very minority market for Aspen, and in my experience all users make their own mind up on their costs.

If its not for you, then don't use it, the choice is yours. But we all know its more expensive than petrol, so why keep knocking the product?

We also sell aspen,And the profit margin as Mr gardenkit says is fairly low,However we get repeat customers coming in to buy it and other products,So It makes sense.As well as the other benefits to both us and customers,Over the past few years we have had machines returned after servicing etc With complaints This wont run etc,These faults are mostly reguarding stale fuel and the problems it causes.since using aspen ourselves in the workshop,and advising our customers to use it also we get very few machines back with faults,So its worth every penny to us if it keeps our year in year out service customers happy,And as already pointed out its not for everyone ,But i wont be going back to regular fuel any time soon

We also sell aspen,And the profit margin as Mr gardenkit says is fairly low,However we get repeat customers coming in to buy it and other products,So It makes sense.As well as the other benefits to both us and customers,Over the past few years we have had machines returned after servicing etc With complaints This wont run etc,These faults are mostly reguarding stale fuel and the problems it causes.since using aspen ourselves in the workshop,and advising our customers to use it also we get very few machines back with faults,So its worth every penny to us if it keeps our year in year out service customers happy,And as already pointed out its not for everyone ,But i wont be going back to regular fuel any time soon

Spot on Pike. I reckon around 80-85% of the small engine problems we get in are down to stale fuel and its getting worse. (this week has been nothing but stale fuel and one job was the very stalest I have ever seen (or smelt!)

My workshop costs have gone up tremendously through using Aspen in the service and repairs, so our situation is really very little different to a 'cutter' or contractor.

We had to justify the cost just like they do, but for me it was a no brainer. Just like you, I won't be going back to regular petrol as long as I can buy Aspen.

• 1 month later...

I use Aspen in my trimmers purely a health thing because of the emissions from regular fuel. Also after a few hours of trimming i dont stink to high hell of exhaust fumes.

Before i used Aspen we used to use the Halfords bike masks, but they where too hot in the winter.

Yeah... its 19 quid a bottle but like i say, its just for the trimmers, regular unleaded & Sthil 2 stroke for the saws :thumbup:

(this week has been nothing but stale fuel and one job was the very stalest I have ever seen (or smelt!)

I had a bike with old fuel and it was the very worst I have ever seen. It smelt like someone had filled the tank with gloss paint and the float bowls were bright green inside with the jets solid with black growth. Luckily I found a set of carbs on eBay and swapped a lot of bits over or it would have been a scrapper. I swapped to Aspen for my saws because they can be stood for a month at a time.

Spot on Pike. I reckon around 80-85% of the small engine problems we get in are down to stale fuel and its getting worse. (this week has been nothing but stale fuel and one job was the very stalest I have ever seen (or smelt!)

My workshop costs have gone up tremendously through using Aspen in the service and repairs, so our situation is really very little different to a 'cutter' or contractor.

We had to justify the cost just like they do, but for me it was a no brainer. Just like you, I won't be going back to regular petrol as long as I can buy Aspen.

Hi Barrie I've a old mate he going use it in his STIHL cut off saws he told me he picked up 3 of them and they for months on end and then they wouldn't start Owell gone off you always sa gone off fuel I say thanks so going use aspen thanks Jon

Spoke to my local dealer yesterday about getting a full pallet of it delivered directly but he recond with the discount I get I'd not save anything apart from the convenience of not having to pick any up but as I get 9 or12 at a time and normaly pass the dealer at least once a fortnight that's not a problem.

Converted 2 of my subbies now and got a regular client onto the blue cans for his classic bikes.