One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

The extra cost of the fuel certainly paid off on making those £3 plugs last longer! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

To be honest the plugs did not last longer as they were changed on the service anyhow!

But the state of the plugs is an indicator of the state of the rest of engine. A machine run on Aspen from new will remain almost as clean as new. There will be little, if any, carbon build up. The ring grooves stay clean and free, the upper cylinder and piston crown remain smooth and the exhaust port and muffler stay clear. Machines that have previously run on pump fuel and built up carbon deposits will slowly 'clean up' when switched to Aspen.

Sure, even though this is all beneficial to the machine I doubt there are any savings to be had, in fact the extra cost of running on Aspen each year would fund a couple of new machines for this particular owner.

But he uses it for other reasons. He does not really care if the end of his piston shines.

What he does care about is that his machines always work when he needs them. Since switching to Aspen his kit spends much less time with me, so more time working for him and earning him money and saving him stress.

He is also a very considerate guy and treats his staff well. He knows that he will get more work out of them each day whilst using Aspen. They don't tire as easily and remain happier throughout the day resulting in jobs being finished on time rather than stretching into the next day.

The downside is that they will not use the trimmers if they do not have Aspen, so he has to keep his stocks up.

The extra cost of the fuel certainly paid off on making those £3 plugs last longer! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Add to that lost time due to a machine going down especially half way into a job miles away from home.....

Another saving for me is iv not lost a day to a migraine in over 2years since swapping, coincidence..... not sure but don't fancy finding out.

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

Im there . Retired from full time cutting a year or so ago and had all my saws serviced with new rubber components then filled them all with aspen 4 mixed with red line at 50:1 . There was , and still is a small leak/weep from the 395 that I could always smell with pump fuel but not any more .