Environmental Permits from Env. Agency for carrying waste

hesslemount

I have no objection to my road tax as I DO USE THE ROAD.

I don't want or need a waste carriers license as I DO NOT CARRY WASTE.

It really is very simple.

I know exactly what you mean but please dont take this personally but why do you think I or the EVA should believe you when you say none of your wood/brash etc goes to waste? Thats how they look at it.

I know for a fact 2 local companies that advertise as 100% recycling, one saying "All our cuttings are re-used / recycled - nothing is landfilled and never will be!" when I know they have/do use skips.

If there was no EVA and no one could get prosecuted for fly tipping then imagine how much fly tipping would take place.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How Glorious ...

You folks have your wonderful Environmental Protection Agency too - eh.

And locally, we have DEQ or the Department of Environmental Quality.

I have no beefs with the good stuff they accomplish, but don't appreciate where they go over the top - and they usually do.

They were discussing a tax on wood chips at the recycling places here that make garden compost. That tax idea got crushed darn quick.

All i does is makes us put our price up as we have more expense.

Result the pikey cowboy or slack jaw trader can now compete and earn even more money. We the proper business we suffer.

So look at this right 50 quid aint alot but once they can shove this in our face what next.

Since vat has gone down is the license slightly cheaper no i dont think so.

The AA is useless for any one other than the elitest. We need a arb action group that protects the normal arb business which makes up 90percent of arb.

One that dont just nod to every tax one that challenges unfair inproper tax i would be a member i would pay for the protection under such a service.

Then we could not moan as we would all vote on what we agree with or think is unfair.:001_tt1:

All a waste of time and money but imo not worth the hassle and just pay the £50 a year, I dont agree with road tax at all but we all pay it!

We know where road tax goes, it goes to repairing the roads we as road users wear out (supposedly).

Where does the £50 a year go you pay for a Waste carriers license.

We know where road tax goes, it goes to repairing the roads we as road users wear out (supposedly).

Where does the £50 a year go you pay for a Waste carriers license.

Also Dean, for the road tax you do get "a ROAD" which I think is a good thing!!:sneaky2:

What exactly do you get for the waste carriers license? NOWT:mad1:

Could it not be possible that some of the revenue goes to policing this to try and catch unlicensed carriers so preventing or trying to prevent illegal tipping

I see!

So should a shop owner ask the good paying customers to pay for a scheme to try to catch shop lifters?