Environmental Permits from Env. Agency for carrying waste

hesslemount

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be parting with £150 :sad:

Had a meeting with some EA bods today (not tree related). Had a quiet word re waste licence, they where as unsure as most but working in the regeonal head office would ring me back.

They did ring back and to cut a long storey short thier take on it (and im not going to argue) boils down to:

Have you been asked in any way by a someone else to fell/remove a tree etc.

If the answer is yes you need the licence.

To this day I have never walked onto someones property cut down and removed a tree without being asked to do so, therefore I am getting a licence. It has been said many times before on the thread £50/year is not a lot to pay for peace of mind!

Good point well made Rich!!

It states on the EA website debris created from tree surgery operations is not considered waste untill it is mixed with other debris, therefore when you throw your sandwich wrappers on the wagon it becomes waste and you need a licence to carry it! !

It,s got nothing to do with sandwich wrappers for christsake!:confused1:

Just to add some fuel to the fire :001_tongue: If you move any of your "real" business waste ie empty chain oil cans, old chains, files etc then you will also need one of these license's.

Then again I'm sure that we all have a contract with a waste disposal company who comes and removes ALL our business waste :sneaky2:

It states on the EA website debris created from tree surgery operations is not considered waste untill it is mixed with other debris, therefore when you throw your sandwich wrappers on the wagon it becomes waste and you need a licence to carry it! !

You scruffy bugger!!

We even remove litter that has tangled itself into the brash.