Environmental Permits from Env. Agency for carrying waste

hesslemount

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you chip brash into your motor dosnt that become your own. When you take it off the customer its a branch then you process it into chip then shourly its your own making so its your own goods??????????????

Just a thought.

No mate, once your doing something for "hire or reward" it becomes a commercial venture and is subject to the legislation, sorry :thumbdown:

you will need one its not a gray area 1,st time they warn you 2,nd time they take your motor off you .be warned that info came from envo staff when they paid my yard i visit

Maybe YOU do.

I've read this http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk...34884/1721340/

I DON'T!

Don't be fooled into think that the envo staff or the police know their stuff, they often don't, make sure they SHOW you the legislation they say applies to you.

I'll never forget a poor bloke on the TV he was stop by the police for riding a race motor bike home from a race meet without lights, the rider told the copper he did not need them as it was not dark.

The copper would not have it, he got some social police bod to drive miles to come and have a look. The expert agreed with the rider, but by then it was going dark, so he had to get someone to come with a bike trailer to pick him up and copper didn't even say sorry!!!!!!!!:thumbdown:

The thing is well from my opinion, the EVA havent a clue if you recycle 100% therefore ensuring it aint waste or that you tip it off in the nearest waste centre so they assume everyone needs license.

But surely if you could send them a letter stating exactly what you do with your potential waste then it should be clear that you can be excempt.

We have a license but as far as they are aware I tip in the nearest dark alley!

All a waste of time and money but imo not worth the hassle and just pay the £50 a year, I dont agree with road tax at all but we all pay it!

Anyhow when the traffic management act april 2008 starts to affect us there will be a hell of a lot more to complain about:thumbup1: