Was that a ghost?

GardenKit

For those folk that believe in the quantum multiverse theory where reality is a matter of the subset of reality quanta that the mass of population can perceive then one can suggest that ghosts, fairies and the like are due to a bleed-through of other reality quanta and/or a change in the subset used to define the current reality - due to environmental, mass hysterical or chemically induced cerebral changes.

...or i'm just full of BS :-)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those folk that believe in the quantum multiverse theory where reality is a matter of the subset of reality quanta that the mass of population can perceive then one can suggest that ghosts, fairies and the like are due to a bleed-through of other reality quanta and/or a change in the subset used to define the current reality - due to environmental, mass hysterical or chemically induced cerebral changes.

...or i'm just full of BS :-)

Yeh what he said

Always loved a 'ghost' story and have always wondered how I would react to a supernatural

Episode. A flying chair smashing a wall, temperature drop an icy hand you get the sort of thing.

Do you remember , im sure it was called 'Ghost Hunter' in early 90's the old boy

Who went to all the most haunted sites in the uk, grainy filming and bad music ?

Not long ago I decided I would make the effort and go to some hotels , pubs etc and stay and see if anything would happen.

On 'Ghost Hunter ' one of his stories always had stuck in my mind and was in a pub called 'The Ram' . It was bought by a family to run as a pub and after a child's grave was found in the bar and lots of things going bump people being thrown against the wall and some real weird Stuff night/day ,the family left all but one the husband.

It is placed in ley lines and dates back to middle ages and at one point housesd the workers who built the church opposite on the hill. So a lot of history has passed and been associated

with it as it stands.

After going to a few places I thought I must at least visit the Ram, as to be honest up till then most places where about as atmospheric as tescos.

We got there at about 12pm on a sunday you weren't able to stay the husband still lives there in the same clothes in a tiny section of the building through fear the bar has long been shut. We originally thought we could get lunch there but it took about 30 mins for us poking around knocking before signs of life appeared.

I won't bother explaining what the place looked like you wouldn't believe me, or that a mass grave had been found in the barn I would say scoobi do set and plot would do.

We listened to his stories the scene was set and finally we were left with the freedom to roam.....

Meeting the 'Landlord' was an experience in its self and something's have no doubt happened to him and I would recommend if you have the chance or interest Go. They definatly threw away his mould !

But like all stories especially 'ghost' some people beleive some dispell and others just enjoy.

All I have are memories and a couple of photos showing 'orbs''. Now lots of people

Have pics of them and I have scoured the net but never seen similar especially not taken in the day.

I will dig them out and post the funny thing is we never noticed them untill about 4 months after taking them.

I've never seen a ghost and am open and would be happy to hear your thoughts on what these pics show cause they for sure arnt dust particles .....

If you stand in your living room with an slr camera slap the sofa then with the flash on take a photo hey presto lots of orbs

good thread this, many times ive thought what was that etc etc... but got 2 personal stories, 1 i will keep to myself but the story i will share with you all and will be brief...

i was only about 10 and my grandad had his 2nd heart attack and was in the norfolk and norwich hospital...

my parents and nan at the time felt i was too young to experince seeing my grandad and to understand it all so i was protected from it.

me and him were really close.. did nearly everything together where possible.. like he showed me how to change my 1st bike puncture etc etc...

the doctors told my family that the attack was so strong it was just a matter of time befor he passed but he was awake but very ill.

i remember walking with my mum and nan and saw my grandad in his hospital bed, my mum and nan hurryed me along, but he waved at me and wanted me to come across to him..

that never happened and that night he passed away...

i remember waking up in the night and seeing my mum crying in the living room at home and she told me what had happened..

to this day i have wondered what he wanted to and was going to say..

the next night was the interesting part as i remember getin up in the night, going back to bed and seeing my grandad stand in my bedroom door way, waved and disapeared.

to this day i have never told my mum or nan as i know how upset it would make them so i liked to keep it with just me { and now you guys! }

but every now and then after work i'll call in at the church and make sure the grave is tidy etc etc...

now the bit that made me realise it still happens....

october last year my wife told me she was pregnant! thought great as you do etc etc..

i was round my mums and just jokingly said, oh grandad can be my guardian angel for my first child...

that night when the wife was at work the dog was inside barking, thought next door neighbour about etc etc.. but when i went through to the bedroom there was my wifes ok! magazine on the bed with the scan of our 8 week baby scan just under the OK! title logo...

the magazine was left for a start on the floor and the scan picture was on the chest of draws because i remember putting then there clearing up!

so sceptic may be but that took some getting my head round... with a smile though.. so who knows? and sorry about not keeping this brief gents.

wow ELG thats scary stuff, and i have to say you handled it far better than i would have. i would have been screaming like a little girl!:vroam:

i have one experience here and it has always bugged me. I was probably around 15 at the time camping over at a friends farm with some mates. we went for a midnight walk around and i was out front with one other lad with the torch.i was enjoying shining it at distant sheep, lighting up there eyes which was scaring one of the lads from a town. then i swung round to shine to torch on the lads behind me and saw them and an a white figure standing behind them, head and shoulders above them. i shone the torch back but it was gone, i turned to the lad nect to me and before i could say anything to him he said 'did you see that?' so it wasnt just me and i didnt prompt him in any way. we ran back to the tents and spent the rest if the night done up tightly in our sleeping bags!! the other lads who didnt see it couldnt understand all the fuss!!

im getting a shiver writing this!:scared:

So, anyone else been to see 'The Woman in Black'?

Seen the play ,off tonight to see at the cinema!

When I was In my late teens walking back home across some fields that also turned out a few years later to have some water god's well with a huge haul of gold and other offerings discovered, it's also along ley lines... Any way I felt some thing I've never experience and all the hairs on my neck stood up suddenly some one started shouting my name!!did so about 4-5 times, I was literally 200 meters from my house and it was the longest I've ever done... It really freaked me out ! I walked back that way a few weeks later and did so for years after and never experienced it again.

OK,

I dont expect you to believe any of this, but some time ago my wife & I attended a mess dinner at Culcreuch Castle, we stayed in the Chinese bird room, named after its hand painted wallpaper.

During the night, I was awoken by the most beautiful music I have ever heard, I was semi awake, but did not want to move in case it stopped.

I could see the glowing outline of what looked like a woman with a man playing the harpsichord, the music was completely enchanting & I listened to it for some time.

The next morning, when we went down to breakfast I was discussing the event with my wife, who had also experienced a similar apparition, call it what you like. The waitress then explained it was a ghost of a woman who had an affair with a musician who had been throw out of the window to his death by her husband, just a pair of wee ghosties.

We were quite surprised and thought, no its just a story, then our friends came into the dining room & asked if we'd heard some music during the night.

N

Edited by NFG