Was that a ghost?

GardenKit

If you stand in your living room with an slr camera slap the sofa then with the flash on take a photo hey presto lots of orbs

Agreed :biggrin:

I have seen many orb pictures and would agree that dust particles could be one of many explanations.

The first picture is of me sitting at a fire place in the bar. As in many a country pub they have horse brasses and ornaments strewn it's mantle.

On the far left there is something the size of the brasses.

In the second picture I am in the room directly above and also on the top left hand corner it seems the 'something' has grown in size and maybe followed me,

Who knows as I don't ! Maybe Paul you are right but let me put them up, earliest I can do is in the am when I get back.

I use the term 'orb' loosely.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived for many years on an old estate which was riddled with ghost stories. During the war American servicemen who were stationed there disliked patrolling a certain section of the park. They claimed stories of a presence. My brother-in-law's mother, who was the daughter of the Lord claimed she regularly heard footsteps in the house.

A family friend frightened himself witless when driving through the park at night claimed an apparition of a green man appeared in the car beside him.

Another long time resident put himself to bed for three days after claiming he saw an apparition as he cycled through the park one night.

I held the fishing rights on the estate lake and spent many, many nights there. Sometimes alone, sometimes with mates and over many years none of us ever experienced anything remotely resembling a ghost. Unless of course you let your mind take control and the fox screams became the sound of someone being tortured, the badger grunts and shouts were of some long-dead man and the barn owls screeching eerily were a wild banshee but those wisps of mist wafted across the water and meadow were definitely ghosts:001_smile:

I don't know about ghosts as such. I know I once felt a "presence" so to speak.

I was spotting deer in the highlands (near Achnahaird ) and a thick mist came down from nowhere really, I was well and truly buggered for where I was pretty soon, so I did what seemed sensible and sat under a big rock, waiting for the sea winds to blow it off. I got pretty restless about an hour or so later and decided that it wouldn't be far to a beck that led to the sea. I wandered around for another hour, maybe two, and didn't find one. So I found the highest point I could and tried to get above the fog (it occasionally works). While going up this incline, I felt an urge to break to the left - down the hill. I don't know what it was, or why I decided to follow it, but I did, a while later I found the sea at Reiff.

I asked one of the local fisherman about it. He said it would be a Selkie, and that they helped a few people. I tend to believe him, I don't know what else it would be.

Edited by Sam Thompson