What time would you start work on a sunday morning?

swinny

Coming from a farming backround I take long hours as the norm and am perfectly happy putting in the time..

That's the thing. Same here. And the same for Nick (farmer) and agrimog (presumably an agricultural connection there) See, us yokels tend not to have many neighbours anyway :001_tt2:

I work every day of the year- I wouldn't know what do do with myself if you sat me on a sunny beach in the south of France. Probably volunteer to help the local farmers with their harvest!

I will concede that Sunday workings in the arb industry can usually be avoided unless an emergency. I tend to work on the countryside contracts or maintenance side of things instead of domestic on Sundays. Always plenty else to be done.

And finally- all those who say if you can't make enough in 5 then you won't in 7 were obviously fortunate enough to be born long enough ago so as to avoid the current recession and stupid cost of housing and living when trying to start a business.:thumbdown:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not all my work is loud, and round here lots of the clients dont want you working on there property through the week when they are working and clients might be conducting business meetings, so ground maintenance has to be done at the weekends, which for me are usually wed-thursday, which are far more usefull, everywhere is open. and as for loud saws, theres usually more noise from folk cutting there grass, or the la fixing roads(cant seem to do it through the week, so double time at weekends brigade)

Is it really necessary to work Sundays? In all my working life I've worked about 3. Each time the only reason was because it was emergency work. I'm not deeply religious, but our bodies and minds need a day of rest and recuperation. Someone once told me if you can't earn enough in 5 days you'll not earn enough in 7.

:thumbup:

Spot on.

I remember my dear old Mum saying a long time ago. "If you find you have to work 7 days a week then find another job."

Edit, actually there was a bit about "Or change your lifestyle" I forgot to add on.

Edited by Mesterh

And finally- all those who say if you can't make enough in 5 then you won't in 7 were obviously fortunate enough to be born long enough ago so as to avoid the current recession and stupid cost of housing and living when trying to start a business.:thumbdown:

it's no worse now than it was back in the 80's, or the 90's, so that doesnt really wash with me. I've physically grafted all my working life, and the 5 day ruling has always proven correct, 5 days to earn my bread and butter, and 1 day to earn the jam on top, and yes I would do every scrap of extra work and overtime and sacrificed Bank Holidays, went without holiday as the kids grew up. It's only been the last 5 years that things have got easier, and I've taken my foot off the pedal a bit for a rest.

it's no worse now than it was back in the 80's, or the 90's, so that doesnt really wash with me. I've physically grafted all my working life, and the 5 day ruling has always proven correct, 5 days to earn my bread and butter, and 1 day to earn the jam on top, and yes I would do every scrap of extra work and overtime and sacrificed Bank Holidays, went without holiday as the kids grew up. It's only been the last 5 years that things have got easier, and I've taken my foot off the pedal a bit for a rest.

I like to have my bread and butter with jam on with a little dollop of cream and some hundreds and thousands. I want my kids to have as much as they can so its 7 days a week for me and i spend time with them every day.:001_smile: