What time would you start work on a sunday morning?

swinny

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it really necessary to work Sundays? In all my working life I've worked about 3. Each time the only reason was because it was emergency work. I'm not deeply religious, but our bodies and minds need a day of rest and recuperation. Someone once told me if you can't earn enough in 5 days you'll not earn enough in 7.

Is it really necessary to work Sundays? In all my working life I've worked about 3. Each time the only reason was because it was emergency work. I'm not deeply religious, but our bodies and minds need a day of rest and recuperation. Someone once told me if you can't earn enough in 5 days you'll not earn enough in 7.

:thumbup1:

Is it really necessary to work Sundays? In all my working life I've worked about 3. Each time the only reason was because it was emergency work. I'm not deeply religious, but our bodies and minds need a day of rest and recuperation. Someone once told me if you can't earn enough in 5 days you'll not earn enough in 7.[/quote]

:biggrin: Thats a good saying! Unfortunately it only applies to greed rather than necessity.

Ive only done 4 or 5 myself, so they are few and far between, I think it's only fair to respect the fact that it is Sunday and most of the population do like a Sunday to lie in and relax.

I'm not into all the " I don't care about the public " attitude, being that selfish is strange, I've found the more people you keep happy, the more work your likely to get!!

Is it really necessary to work Sundays? In all my working life I've worked about 3. Each time the only reason was because it was emergency work. I'm not deeply religious, but our bodies and minds need a day of rest and recuperation. Someone once told me if you can't earn enough in 5 days you'll not earn enough in 7.[/quote]

:biggrin: Thats a good saying! Unfortunately it only applies to greed rather than necessity.

How is it necessary to work 7 days a week? I have never found that I can't earn enough in 5 days in all my working life. Of course if I wanted luxuries I would do overtime, bank holidays and Saturdays to top my income, but rarely Sundays. Other jobs may require Sunday working, contractually, but a bit of tree-cutting hardly justifies it.

Ive only done 4 or 5 myself, so they are few and far between, I think it's only fair to respect the fact that it is Sunday and most of the population do like a Sunday to lie in and relax.

I'm not into all the " I don't care about the public " attitude, being that selfish is strange, I've found the more people you keep happy, the more work your likely to get!!

:thumbup: exactly, doesnt do any good rubbing people up the wrong way, it can only ever work against you.

How is it necessary to work 7 days a week? I have never found that I can't earn enough in 5 days in all my working life. Of course if I wanted luxuries I would do overtime, bank holidays and Saturdays to top my income, but rarely Sundays. Other jobs may require Sunday working, contractually, but a bit of tree-cutting hardly justifies it.

I have worked many of weekends, sometimes because employers wanted me to, but mostly to help me save up a deposit for my mortgage and save some spending money for my holidays. In the jobs ive done overtime has never really been an option just weekends.

I am at work now, just having a cup of tea. I have worked every day since christmas and probably will work every day until easter.

My work does not bother anyone except my wife, but she is part of the business so understands the need.

What is the need? It is not about greed, although the money is going into the retirement pot, but about keeping on top of the workload.

I am not busy enough all year round to justify employing help, but so busy at this time of year that I generally work 6.30-6.30 on 6 days of the week and 9-5 on sunday.

Coming from a farming backround I take long hours as the norm and am perfectly happy putting in the time.

Today I will knock around 10 mower services off the list but am still fully booked for the next month.