fines for doing work on tpo trees

pward

Tree Preservation Orders- A Guide to the Law and Good Practice, well worth buying @ £8 it tells it as it is and then YOU can tell your TO :thumbup: a lot of them have never even read it!! let alone understood it:thumbup1:

Eight quid? :w00t::w00t:

Wanton extravagance

Download it for free

Tree Preservation Orders: A Guide to the Law and Good Practice - Planning, building and the environment - Department for Communities and Local Government

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm owed £6k by someone who was a mate and I did a favour for. I tried nicely for months to get the money back, but he always fobbed me off, then got made bankrupt by HMRC. I have no legal means of getting this back as it was cash and nothing in writing. Looking back, I wish I'd sent someone round who was a bit more persuasive than me - I'd be able to put a roof on my home extension and my family would be better off for it. As it is, it eats at me every single day, and all I can do is keep tabs on where he and his family are living and what he is up to. One day, I will get it back one way or another :evilgrin02:

going through courts etc is a complete waste of time and effort.. we had customer in 2000 who owed the farm £5000 for contract work etc. he went into voluntary liquidation.. we got aronnd 20p in the pound back... not at once either.. he's still m,aking payments now... if i could turn the clock back i'd a taken every thing in his yard that was worth anything.... we have a hay and straw dealer who owes us £18500 since august 20011... i'm gonna give him one last chance then i'm taking one of his lorrys off of him...[wolrth 50 grand].. someone else owes me £5000 from 18 months ago for skips that i'd done for him.. he too has a large skip firm and i will in no uncertain terms be loading up my artic trailer with 5 gands worth of his best skips very shortly... some people honestly live in a dream world!!!!!!

i'm gonna give him one last chance then i'm taking one of his lorrys off of him...

I'd also be carefull doing this, not only the legallities of it.

A few years ago i was doing a job for a guy who owned racehorses, apparently he hadn't been paying the trainer his fee's.

One day whilst i was there two debt collectors came to either get what was owed or start removing items from his yard, after a few minutes the debt collectors were surounded by eight to ten blokes holding bats and pick axe handles, they took one hell of a beating. And left without the BMW they arrived in.

going through courts etc is a complete waste of time and effort.. we had customer in 2000 who owed the farm £5000 for contract work etc. he went into voluntary liquidation.. we got aronnd 20p in the pound back... not at once either.. he's still m,aking payments now... if i could turn the clock back i'd a taken every thing in his yard that was worth anything.... we have a hay and straw dealer who owes us £18500 since august 20011... i'm gonna give him one last chance then i'm taking one of his lorrys off of him...[wolrth 50 grand].. someone else owes me £5000 from 18 months ago for skips that i'd done for him.. he too has a large skip firm and i will in no uncertain terms be loading up my artic trailer with 5 gands worth of his best skips very shortly... some people honestly live in a dream world!!!!!!

I'm with eggs on this... Although sorting things yourself works well, you have to realise your outside the protection of the law. If you get your head caved in doing this, your going to be hard presses to go to the police saying you were taking their stuff.

Not saying you shouldnt... However you have to realise your risking problems with the police, or problems with the blokes and their mates.

i'm gonna give him one last chance then i'm taking one of his lorrys off of him...

I'd also be carefull doing this, not only the legallities of it.

A few years ago i was doing a job for a guy who owned racehorses, apparently he hadn't been paying the trainer his fee's.

One day whilst i was there two debt collectors came to either get what was owed or start removing items from his yard, after a few minutes the debt collectors were surounded by eight to ten blokes holding bats and pick axe handles, they took one hell of a beating. And left without the BMW they arrived in.

thats chance you take... for £18500 ill take my chances.. and he'll be signing log book over to me with a reciept saying he's given it in loo of money owed... i'll give him few weeks after that to pay what he owes and 1500 on top then he can have his lorry back.. i really cant believe some of the things i hear on here.... if someone owes you money... money in this case that i worked bloody hard for working 18-20 hrs a day.. not seing my boys sometimes for 2 or 3 days at a time.. then i'm sorry but i'm gonna do anything and everything i can to get it back.. and if that involves a little bit of heavy handedness then so be it... if they cant stand the heat stay out the fire.. simples... if people wanna go down the lets take em to court route good luck to em.. cos unfortunatly theyl need it.... this country is not set up to deal with the small business/self employed worker... my money is hard earned and i'm dammed if i'm gonna let someone walk off with it...

thats chance you take... for £18500 ill take my chances.. and he'll be signing log book over to me with a reciept saying he's given it in loo of money owed... i'll give him few weeks after that to pay what he owes and 1500 on top then he can have his lorry back.. i really cant believe some of the things i hear on here.... if someone owes you money... money in this case that i worked bloody hard for working 18-20 hrs a day.. not seing my boys sometimes for 2 or 3 days at a time.. then i'm sorry but i'm gonna do anything and everything i can to get it back.. and if that involves a little bit of heavy handedness then so be it... if they cant stand the heat stay out the fire.. simples... if people wanna go down the lets take em to court route good luck to em.. cos unfortunatly theyl need it.... this country is not set up to deal with the small business/self employed worker... my money is hard earned and i'm dammed if i'm gonna let someone walk off with it...

Bravo. Maybe Nick wouldn't have to take this approach if this country's justice and legal system favored the hard working innocent man instead of the scum. Good on ya.