Unorthodox techniques

Peter

yeah phone lines have loadsa give in them, can usually move them a good few feet doing this.

Unless.......the line is attached to a nice new UPVC facia board (recently fitted by untraceable fly by night contractor) that is only marginally attached to the rotten old facia board which they hadn’t bothered to remove.

I pulled the line towards me from inside the canopy, no more than a foot of deflection and the whole lot came crashing down into the garden. Lovely, just what you need on a Monday morning.:sad:

Andy

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

multiple step cuts down a stem before dropping it so it collapses on impact into presentable bits for chipper?

using silky to retrieve that line that is teasingly out of reach....

lowering bits off MEWP bucket or using the hired one to shift big lumps of heavy

flicking the butt of cut branch as peels away with 200 to get a bit more clearance

i better stop.

Unless.......the line is attached to a nice new UPVC facia board (recently fitted by untraceable fly by night contractor) that is only marginally attached to the rotten old facia board which they hadn’t bothered to remove.

I pulled the line towards me from inside the canopy, no more than a foot of deflection and the whole lot came crashing down into the garden. Lovely, just what you need on a Monday morning.:sad:

Andy

Nooooooooo thats real bad mate. I put a line on a phone cable to pull it clear once, and mustve moved it bout 8ft, then still caught it with the limb I was dropping, the cable was still there when I opened my eyes tho.haha

(wet, miserable days)

When felling a tall Tree in a out of town part or Norway.Note that it might be the local ,"lets improve our TV reception by all putting our arials up that tree" Tree.Felling out a big top and ripping cables of houses a street away and up the Hill is funny untill the owners come out.

When felling a tall Tree in a out of town part or Norway.Note that it might be the local ,"lets improve our TV reception by all putting our arials up that tree" Tree.Felling out a big top and ripping cables of houses a street away and up the Hill is funny untill the owners come out.

Oops!!:blushing:

I was asked to take a sycamore down once and they asked me if I could take the root out as well, the tree was round the back of the house, so I took the crown out, put a lowering rope high as I could with a 5:1 pulley system then attached the tail through another pulley round the side of the house then onto my landrover winch with a 2:1 and just ragged the whole lot over, root plate an all.

There you go mate, root out!