drosa2004

Anyone remember the problems with construction cartels....? It's why we all have to sign anti-collusion certificates when we tender for council work now...

I vote we start an Arb Cartel... like an Arbtel.... If someone reckons they will do this for 150 quid then go for it, but you still have to charge £300 but put half of it in the beer fund.... Hurray! We all win! :thumbup:

I would go £300 incidentally... Just because you can do 3 jobs in a day doesn't the customer is entitled to just pay for a 3rd of a day, and it doesn't mean you should only charge a 3rd of a day. What if you don't have another local job to go onto the next time they ask you for the same sort of thing...? Do you try to charge for the full day then?

Charge a full day for each and it means on the days you're quiet you're not on the verge of folding up. It also means that everyone's not scraping along at low margins buying work which will soon see the industry on it's knees, just like construction....

Don't sell yourself short! If you want £300 then ask for it! :biggrin:

Well you explained that alot better than I could. Well said

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe the one who turns up in a modest sign written van, clean shaven, and dressed...well perhaps in company embroidered clothing.

Some-one who comes across well, professional, who sells the service on offer.

This isn't just tree surgery, this is Waitrose Arboriculture...

I aim high and win 70% of my quotes.

There is an element of the population who shop at Lidl and Aldi and those who believe that M+S give value.

I try to come across as a not to posh yet quality service that has a brand and a following reputation.

70%, not to high, not too low...

Flirt with your client, offer bags of advice and be their friend.

Ty

300euros tops by the way x

Quite right..... I only ever win tenders with the cheapest price if I cock something up [it does happen, like mis-typing £10000 as £1000.... even with a £9k advantage I was only hundreds cheaper!].... but I've won plenty of jobs by being the most knowledgable & helpful, even if we were a few grand dearer.... There will always be competition on price, but there are also plenty of people out there for whom service is the most important factor..... I'm a great believer that more of us should be building businesses around profit and service rather than low prices, turnover and speed.... And it's easier to get into this position if you're starting out than it is to change an established business....

Start as you mean to go on.... :001_smile:

£300 minimum.

I can't believe how cheap some of you guys are! I won't do any programmed job for less than £180, even if its just a 5 minute job. Ok if you are next door working on another job than I'll do wee things for £50 but £180 is a minimum charge for any programmed job.

So you quote £300.

They get a second quote thats £150.

Who's going to win the job????

Who going to make money???

Ok so you quote £150. The customer rings both of companies and sees who will drop there price for cash. Who makes money no one, who saves money the customer.