Rope Wrench feedback

basically.. what we can tell from the variety of answers is.. you just have to experiment and see what works for you. I like a short hitch.. some like longer. Ive never found a cord that wont grab a rope, just change the knot you tie. Add a wrap or a twist? or change the length of the cord?

• 10 months later...

I finally spent a day on the wrench. Tipping back and deadwooding a nice spready oak from a house.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1449212856.172900.jpg.6e20d32a78700270a4fc4402009e7101.jpg

I found using redirects to drop me to the edge of the crown great! Had a few problems with my pantin kicking out, and my haas needs a bit more dialling in I think. Getting past branches was a pain.

I also added more heat shrink to my tether near the wrench, and now it doesn't disengage properly on ascent, so I'm fighting a bit of friction there.

Didn't like the combo of a 4 wrap Knut on velocity either. Mixture of the velocity being too soft, and the Knut binding too tight.

I'll get there.

I really like the hitch climber on the wrench Joe so you have the wrench on the bottom hass on the middle and neck tether on the top... CT on the foot all the way for me, the pantin is absolute rubbish , I think tw190 had a good fix for it with some Velcro though.

What are you using for a tether ? Some thing like the 4srt one from tree kit is a good call from my experience as it feels more natural if your coming from DRT ,your not planted ridged against the rope and can allow you to comfortably make a few cuts with movement then carry on ascending with out feeling like you have to unclip it all.

I really like the hitch climber on the wrench Joe so you have the wrench on the bottom hass on the middle and neck tether on the top... CT on the foot all the way for me, the pantin is absolute rubbish , I think tw190 had a good fix for it with some Velcro though.

What are you using for a tether ? Some thing like the 4srt one from tree kit is a good call from my experience as it feels more natural if your coming from DRT ,your not planted ridged against the rope and can allow you to comfortably make a few cuts with movement then carry on ascending with out feeling like you have to unclip it all.

Yeah got no problem with the HC pulley. Just need to find the right hitch combo. I'll probably use tachyon instead of the velocity as it flattens much less.

I've ordered some Velcro, if that doesn't work I'll buy a CT. I'll probably buy one anyway mind.

I'm using a homemade tether from vectran, quadrupled, stitched with ten stitches four times along each leg. Few layers of heat shrink over that. It's not ideal though, and I can't be arsed making another. I'll buy a 4srt 30cm one.

Gotta set up the croll right too. Gonna try splicing it onto a tenex footloop with a TM gear loop tube and elastic through it.