Good Karma.

Mark Bolam

No Stoke shirt that day ap, me and the lad in question had been having a few drinks in the airport bar (spent the last few pasata) whilst we were waiting on stand-by for the next empty seats to come available, we got two seats next to each other. When we landed at Birmingham, bank card wouldn't work:blushing: he offered to pay for my train ticket, which i said i would pay him back for, he declined, like i said, he was a top lad.

Yeah bank cards are funny things indeed . When my lady went abroad with her friends on a girly weekend . I ran a magnet over the atm card it would'nt give her a bean lol . Although I had made sure she had enough cash for the trip beforehand . :001_tongue:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah bank cards are funny things indeed . When my lady went abroad with her friends on a girly weekend . I ran a magnet over the atm card it would'nt give her a bean lol . Although I had made sure she had enough cash for the trip beforehand . :001_tongue:

Back in the day Stihl bib and brace was the standard issue for tree cutters, I had no end of cards stop working till we realised that keeping your wallet in the chest pocket while chogging down was a bad idea because the magnets in the ignition system were killing the card stripe.

back in the day stihl bib and brace was the standard issue for tree cutters, i had no end of cards stop working till we realised that keeping your wallet in the chest pocket while chogging down was a bad idea because the magnets in the ignition system were killing the card stripe.

ha ha ha cool :lol : Never thought of that .

Similar thing, driving down the east lancs rd between Leigh and Wigan about 4 years ago in the then works van when i spied a young-ish man and has wife and baby girl at the side of the road. Pulled over and asked if he was ok and found out that they had run out of fuel. Bundled him in the van and took him to the nearest garage, only 5 mins away. He used my jerry can so he didnt have to buy a tetra can for a fiver and filled up his car. He tried giving me a tenner and i blank refused it and told him that was my good deed for the year. He got the number off the side of van and rang my old boss and told him what had happened. We got 2 decent sized jobs off the back of that and my boss gave me £100 pound...

Funny old thing karma

Edited by big fell!
Typo

A couple of years ago I saw a Car that had driven off the Road and gotten Stuck a couple of yards off the Tarmack.A well dressed Woman was standing by the Road in the Rain.I asked if she needed help and to save an expensive Tow Truck I could drag the Car back onto the Road with the Hiab on the 16 tonner.

Off to the yard I went,came back in the Wagon,set up the Crane,gently dragged her nice car back onto the Road,unclipped the Soft Strop and She F------------ just drove off.

No more using my gear to help folks for nowt.

i did a job once next to a public car park, at the end of the day i saw a handbag on the floor where an old couple had just driven off from. on looking inside the bag to try to find some contact details for the owner we found about £15-20,000 in cash. after resisting the urge to bolt to mexico we managed to get hold of the old dears daughter and she came back for it. turns out the old girl didnt trust banks so carried her savings around with her! so i gave her a lecture about the benefits of banks and set her on her way and she was so happy i felt i didnt want any reward. the bit that got me was her grandson turned up aswell, he came over listened to my side of the story gave me a disgusted, dirty look, turned up his nose and walked off. you just cant do enough for some people! i hope karma has revenge...:001_smile:

i did a job once next to a public car park, at the end of the day i saw a handbag on the floor where an old couple had just driven off from. on looking inside the bag to try to find some contact details for the owner we found about £15-20,000 in cash. after resisting the urge to bolt to mexico we managed to get hold of the old dears daughter and she came back for it. turns out the old girl didnt trust banks so carried her savings around with her! so i gave her a lecture about the benefits of banks and set her on her way and she was so happy i felt i didnt want any reward. the bit that got me was her grandson turned up aswell, he came over listened to my side of the story gave me a disgusted, dirty look, turned up his nose and walked off. you just cant do enough for some people! i hope karma has revenge...:001_smile:

Back in the eighties my dad worked on the coaches are the uk mainly London after one journey he checked his ride and found a small case he opened it to try and find whos it was and found 20k in cash. He went to cop shop to hand it in left his details and went about his day.

A month or 2 down the line after forgetting this incident he got a call at home to say no one had claimed the monney and is yours to pick up!

A couple of years ago I saw a Car that had driven off the Road and gotten Stuck a couple of yards off the Tarmack.A well dressed Woman was standing by the Road in the Rain.I asked if she needed help and to save an expensive Tow Truck I could drag the Car back onto the Road with the Hiab on the 16 tonner.

Off to the yard I went,came back in the Wagon,set up the Crane,gently dragged her nice car back onto the Road,unclipped the Soft Strop and She F------------ just drove off.

Read the thread title please Mike.

Feel free to start your own 'Bad Karma' thread.

:001_tt2:

:lol: brought a tear to my eye.

Thats the kind of Karma I receive.:001_huh: