New Nissan NP300 single cab 4w.d pickup.

cessna

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at these they were brought into the country, but as the recession hit they stopped bringing them into the country, shame as it looked like a good working pick up, rather than the d40's ranger thunder etc.

Worthwhile point - what is a "good working pickup" these days. You're a brave man if you take £25ks worth of chrome and wallow onto a rutted woodland track, load it and drive it out. Better to keep the chrome on the driveway and buy a nail of a transit and a good tow rope :confused1:

i've got a D22 at the mo and would happliy buy another next time round, but would not buy one of the new chrome covered tonka toys. my local john deere dealer who are now also an isuzu dealer inform me the that isuzu are bringing out a new new range next year that will include a basic single king and double cab pickups as they have realised there is very little in the way of work spec pickups on the market.

i've got a D22 at the mo and would happliy buy another next time round, but would not buy one of the new chrome covered tonka toys. my local john deere dealer who are now also an isuzu dealer inform me the that isuzu are bringing out a new new range next year that will include a basic single king and double cab pickups as they have realised there is very little in the way of work spec pickups on the market.

At least I now know that I am not the only one wanting a basic 4x4 pickup to do a JOB.I think pickup manufactures world wide, have really lost touch with what the purchaser wants to do with a 4x4 pickup. Even the North American ones seem to have got much to plush/flash for the oil patch guys,way of the beaten track. I will be interested in this new range of Isuzu pickup. Ford transits might suit many, but they do not suit my needs of delivering firewood as well as going into muddy woodland tracks,real off road.

• 1 year later...

Just purchased an 09 plate £4900 no vat very impressed with it,plenty power if needed and quite economical aswell.tempted to get it chipped though as would really improve performance and fuel economy.i was looking to buy another d22 but for 5-6k you get an 05 plate with 80000 on the clock and strong possibility of the renowned conrod prpblem at any time:thumbdown:

all to do with how many motors they can import. like subaru have still got there pick up but will not import as it will mean they can not sell the more popular models. hence trying to flog you a d40. who wants a d40 love my d22 now and if i was to replace then the p300 double cab would be the one i would want.

still your the customer what do you know or want. you want a d40 sir don,t you no. maybe someone should import them and sell them may make nissan and subaru look up when they see them being sold as what they have people do not want.

Just purchased an 09 plate £4900 no vat very impressed with it,plenty power if needed and quite economical aswell.tempted to get it chipped though as would really improve performance and fuel economy.i was looking to buy another d22 but for 5-6k you get an 05 plate with 80000 on the clock and strong possibility of the renowned conrod prpblem at any time:thumbdown:

I have a d22 which is an 05 ( last of that shape ) and its coming up to the 70k mark which , if the are going to break ,is when they go, apparently . I was concerned when it all came up about the conrod failure and went to see my dealer . He told me that out of all the d22 that they had sold or came through their workshop they ha only 2 that had broken . They were fixed under warranty and they had not been serviced when they should . I understand that if you change the oil and filter every 6k there won't be a problem so that is what I do . He also said that it was a "small" batch of faulty con rod bolts from a supplier and only affected a relatively small batch of early models .

Worthwhile point - what is a "good working pickup" these days. You're a brave man if you take £25ks worth of chrome and wallow onto a rutted woodland track, load it and drive it out. Better to keep the chrome on the driveway and buy a nail of a transit and a good tow rope :confused1:

I've got a really nice Isuzu Denver as a company car which I like to keep in decent condition for when I'm on estate business and private use. If it's anywhere iffy that I need to get into, I drag out my old Mazda B2500 which will go anywhere and already has a 'working vehicle exterior'. :biggrin: