Yew off cut coffe table

MattyF

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matty I got the same for a while about nice bits of timber but you have to keep moving it on IMO.

Once you start hoarding it seems to put a block on you getting more interesting wood in. But I know what its like - you'd rather know that timber is there than have the money in your pocket :biggrin::biggrin:

When I get a chance I'll stick a vid up using that resin.

Lovely table matty !!!

Have you tried the OSMO wood protector Its brilliant

And the clear gkass resin can be bought on ebay,quite cheap

I use Ariba

Cracking good table

slackbladder

Will look out for it !! Robs got some good resin that I will give a go next...

Rob you have me thinking .... Shame your not closer as I'm sure I can get the man with those elms to come to a deal over some other work in exchange for the timber.... Like you said they would be interesting although the fire apparently burnt the middle out, those burrs look cracking!!

You could always mill into as thick a planks as you can move, 2.4m long and put on a double pallet - I can arrange to get collected.

They may not come out that well but like you most of the stuff I make is rustic....

PM or give me a call on 07811611457 if you like. Happy to do a deal on some resin/chainsaw gear as part of it. Maybe have a closer look and get a few more pics.

Matty I got the same for a while about nice bits of timber but you have to keep moving it on IMO.

Once you start hoarding it seems to put a block on you getting more interesting wood in. But I know what its like - you'd rather know that timber is there than have the money in your pocket

:lol:My thoughts exactly Rob.

Whn I moved out of the farm I got rid of loads of choice pieces from over the years.

Yep... it's heart breaking but sort of liberating as well...

It's easy to become a miser sitting on his planks of wood and gaining comfort just from knowing they're there! :laugh1:

glad is not just me that keeps things...... even thou i know i will never have the time to do anything with them!!!!!!! :laugh1: