A Rant If I May Gents!!!

farmer_ben

There is only one solution, a phone call in the morning to say you are sorry that he is unhappy and you will be returning his cheque at 10am and at the same time collecting the logs you delivered.

If you dont you will regret it.

I had this last season, my first complaint so to speak, i went the next morning gave her cash removed the logs i had carefully stacked 2 weeks prior at no extra cost.

I had already sold them for £50 a cube more but she didnt need to know that.... ;-)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pull them back, give him his money back, handling charge is tempting but I doubt you will get away with it. Every dog has his day and one day you will have the chance to get even, maybe !!. As you get older getting even becomes less important.

I had a woman in today after grate polish, £6 a tube + VAT, 'I can get it on line for £5 + VAT', maybe you can but add postage to that, she said she would leave it and buy it on line. Some people know the price of everything and the value of nothing. She left empty handed, I don't mind a bit of a haggle if 2 or 3 k are involved but not 2 or 3 pence.

A

Edited by Alycidon

Pull them back, give him his money back, handling charge is tempting but I doubt you will get away with it. Every dog has his day and one day you will have the chance to get even, maybe !!. As you get older getting even becomes less important.

I had a woman in today after grate polish, £6 a tube + VAT, 'I can get it on line for £5 + VAT', maybe you can but add postage to that, she said she would leave it and buy it on line. Some people know the price of everything and the value of nothing. She left empty handed, I don't mind a bit of a haggle if 2 or 3 k are involved but not 2 or 3 pence.

A

how does the saying go............look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves:001_smile:

Ben, I think you you should try to turn this round. Wood is not worth much without a customer and picking it up only pays back your pride. His pride as an "honest gent" is what you have to play with. If you call him, say that you are not going to cash his check untill he has burnt the logs, and if when he has felt the benefit of really great quality wood he still feels he hasnt had good value then you will return his cheque and he can send a donation to his favorite charity.

A few words will probably win you a loyal customer, but just dont count on it workng every time!!!!

Good luck

I would not take it to heart,remember all your satisfied customers,phone the client up & offer him money back & you collect the logs,he will either take you up on the offer or decide to keep them,hopefully the latter as it saves you a trip.

Some folk are never happy/having a rough time,or are chancing for a bit of a 'top up'.

Thats not your problem,so just give him the oportunity to accept the load or not, & get on with what you do.:001_smile:

The last thing I would do is go and pick them up, that's just more work for nothing and he will still complain to his neighbours about it.

As long as you supplied exactly what you said you would then I wouldn't worry about it whatsoever.

This is probably one in a million compared to all of the satisfied customers you have.