What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Ever tried to get hold of badger wee. They can scratch you know. :lol:

Can't do the dishwasher, don't have one.

Yep took one out of a snare once . Had to poke a stick at it to attack just to get the snare off . Totally shredded the stick ! Would not argue with one .:thumbdown:

Just finished the 066, found the choke/fast idle controller bar was broken and my repair wasn't good enough so replaced it along with a bodged washer and clip on the sprocket.

I like to change parts like this where operator safety is in question and they only cost a few pounds.

P1040373.JPG.f9369598a061690708d8a42a99afa2df.JPG

Tried tried and tried. It's a Honda foreman 350d 1989. No it's not a diesel, the d stands for delux, it had a fuel gauge.....

Although if you look into it the USA call them ranchers.

I too have a Honda TRX350D Foreman quad.....brilliant little bike, but as you suggest, a swine to get parts for:thumbdown:

I asked the question at my local Honda ATV dealer why this is and they said that Honda made so many of these bikes and then had to hold them in stock for ages awaiting sales. Eventually, they flogged them all off to the US dealers at knockdown prices......hence the bikes (and their parts) are much more prevelant in the US.

I will need an engine liner and piston kit shortly too.....and I will undoubtedly be using the same US supplier, on Ebay, as you did....but the customs charge and the VAT will cripple the pricing I'm afraid:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Regards

Martin

The choke lever on my 064's being funnny, when i flick it off full choke it flicks back sometimes and floods the saw? Did the 066 do this or was it broken and doing something else?

Cheers

This one allowed the throttle to close again rather than be held open on full choke and then was real difficult to move.

Your problem sounds like it is with the spring that holds the lever in certain positions and also earths the coil to kill the engine, part number - 1122 442 1603

I too have a Honda TRX350D Foreman quad.....brilliant little bike, but as you suggest, a swine to get parts for:thumbdown:

I asked the question at my local Honda ATV dealer why this is and they said that Honda made so many of these bikes and then had to hold them in stock for ages awaiting sales. Eventually, they flogged them all off to the US dealers at knockdown prices......hence the bikes (and their parts) are much more prevelant in the US.

I will need an engine liner and piston kit shortly too.....and I will undoubtedly be using the same US supplier, on Ebay, as you did....but the customs charge and the VAT will cripple the pricing I'm afraid:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Regards

Martin

Yeah that's what I found hence the eBay route. I think I was lucky that they sent the wrong parts out and admitted it was there fault. So they sent the right parts, sometime the parts go through customs without paying the tax. It's a hit and miss thing.

It cost 25 quid in tax. So not too bad.

I would advise looking at an oversized piston and rings rather than a new liner as they are rocking horse poo. Then get it rebored. It's the easiest way, plus it depends on what the bore size is as to how much you rebore. The standard size is 79.00, the wear limit is .40, the oversizes go up in .50mm increments, the max is 82.50, mine has not been rebored before and the bore reading was 79.59 so I need to go up to 81.00 this is because I couldn't find 80.50, and after so much searching I couldn't be botherd to look anymore.

If you do end up needing to rebore let me know and I could help you out sorting what you need and how it all gets checked out. If you are unsure as to what you need.

The parts are due tomoz so I should be back together by sat. Fingers crossed.

P.s these bikes have been nicknamed the tank, they go through anything and keep going. I don't however like the tank being below the seat as there needs to be a fuel pump and the relay can blow, these relays cost 250 quid, trust me they are not worth it, I put a fused switch in and it has been fine.