What's on your bench today?

spudulike

We had a gokart on farm that dad made for us with a suffolk punch engine on it. Was about 12 i think at the time and it wouldnt start one day, so i stripped into a thousand bits to try and fix it [emoji16]….. never ran again! 🤣🤣 he wasnt happy!!!

Just asked my dad if he remembered my little helpings on said occasion! He said yeah, i didnt need to strip it to such an extent, it was the magneto at fault! Ah well 🤷‍♂️ to be young and keen! 🤣
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Been buggering around with the old HiFi over the last couple of weeks, cleaned the old NAD 3020a amp out, loads of dust in it, cleaned all the pots and switches, sorted a good cartridge out on the Rega Planar3 turntable, new belts for the Aiwa Cassette deck and been fixing up a couple of Marantz CD decks, one was a good going over, the laser had failed in the other...got one on order. Nice to play with the old kit.

7 hours ago, spudulike said:

Yes, sounded surprisingly good after not being used for 20 years!

Still using my NAD T773 amp and NAD T562 CD player . Replaced the caps in the amp as they had gone a bit " dry " and that livened it up no end . I have a Rega Panner 3 also ! 

Edited by Stubby

10 hours ago, Stubby said:

Still using my NAD T773 amp and NAD T562 CD player . Replaced the caps in the amp as they had gone a bit " dry " and that livened it up no end . I have a Rega Panner 3 also ! 

Nice, been a long time since I played anything and the old Grago cartridge had stopped working on both channels, the Shure M75 on one but the Rega R100 was still bang on. 

I saw a "Built in Britain" on the Linn Sondek and am amazed at the prices they go for. They were always premium but now......wow!!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, spudulike said:

I saw a "Built in Britain" on the Linn Sondek and am amazed at the prices they go for. They were always premium but now......wow!!!

I grew up near to Linn and knew a couple of guys from my school class ended up working there, even back then the stuff was extortionate.

One of the guy's used to boast that he had a 30k stereo, the funny thing was that al he ever listened to was Punk😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Macpherson said:

I grew up near to Linn and knew a couple of guys from my school class ended up working there, even back then the stuff was extortionate.

One of the guy's used to boast that he had a 30k stereo, the funny thing was that al he ever listened to was Punk😄

I remember the Rega as being advertised as a turntable with every last penny being spent in making it faithfully reproduce the sound and not much invested in its looks  . Strangely I kinda liked its looks in the less is more way .

Edited by Stubby

22 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I remember the Rega as being advertised as a turntable with every last penny being spent in making it faithfully reproduce the sound and not much invested in its looks  . Strangely I kinda liked its looks in the less is more way .

Not cheap either, I used to have a Dansette 😁

The Planar 10 can benefit from expert set up which if you visit our store we will happily do for you.  If required we may also...

• Like 2