need to vent my anger on here

Czlowiek Drzewo

update -

I took the advice of calling in and nicely asking for cheque.

They will put it into account next fri - success!!

I also have many other outstanding bills - from people who have told me the are struggling with mortgage and can't afford to pay to people who says a family member is dying oof cancer.

Well i have been too soft with costumers lately and been very flexable with them in terms of months waiting for small payments - today i called them all and told them at the end of next week i am going to put all my outstanding bills in a folder and take them all to a solicitor. there invoice will be one of the many in the pile if they do not pay by next friday. - calmness with a bit of bullshit works!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

update -

I took the advice of calling in and nicely asking for cheque.

They will put it into account next fri - success!!

I also have many other outstanding bills - from people who have told me the are struggling with mortgage and can't afford to pay to people who says a family member is dying oof cancer.

Well i have been too soft with costumers lately and been very flexable with them in terms of months waiting for small payments - today i called them all and told them at the end of next week i am going to put all my outstanding bills in a folder and take them all to a solicitor. there invoice will be one of the many in the pile if they do not pay by next friday. - calmness with a bit of bullshit works!

hopefully their not now lying to your face.Nothing worse than people who wont pay.i d suggest if no payment is recieved by Friday you do take them to court!

Martyn1, good to hear the update. Other than all of the other advise previously posted I can also mention with repeat customers and terms I have had to establish. I have read with some interest that some customers are carried for months at a time with no payment forth coming. This is not acceptable. Usually I have a 3 strikes and your given a field promotion for your new terms. I explain that due to the customers payment history their new terms are prepay. Of course I take the major credit cards for their convenience. I really try not to get angry since it is only business. Funny thing is regardless how sad their previous stories were they pay and I release product.

easy-lift guy

Have you thought about writing a letter to the local paper as well?

My recommendation would be to check your bank account next Friday and if the money isn't in there, go round and (assuming the business has its own driveway) park a vehicle across there at about 4pm.

In doing so, you are not using force, not tipping any waste, not damaging anything, so even if the plod gets called you aren't likely to get into any bother.

The prospect of not being able to get out of the office on a Friday afternoon should prove to be persuasive.

People seem to be very aggressive in there approach to getting paid, I find this very strange.

I try to make friends with my customers, make them see me as a person with a family to feed and bills to pay.

If someone threatened me I would start to dislike them and would put them at the very bottom of my list of people to pay.

When you threaten people they will see you as a nasty person, they will run the work you did for them back through in their minds and start finding fault with it and reasons NOT to pay you.

I did a job for a firm from London, they manage an apartment block up here, we took out a Pop for them. They owed me £1K. After 6 weeks form sending the invoice I rang to inquire about payment. He said he'd transfer the money before the end of the week. It did not happen, I rang a couple of time the following week, but he was not there.

I rang again a week later and caught him in, I was friendly and polite and just said I had a VAT bill to pay and could really do with the brass, he transfered it that afternoon.

Edited by skyhuck

People seem to be very aggressive in there approach to getting paid, I find this very strange.

I try to make friends with my customers, make them see me as a person with a family to feed and bills to pay.

This is a fair comment....but equally there are plenty of people who would just see this as a sign of weakness and make you wait even longer for your money