New defender possibly!

Mark James

If you read most of the posts on Pistonheads you can see the same trend cropping up which is that this new one is form over function instead of the other way round.

Engineers should have it first then designers after-no fancy electricals in as some suggest as if you read any of the Landy mags the d3 is one of the worst for breakdowns.

This will probably get produced as it is-why? Whats the bigger money market now-farmers or school run nobbers who just want to pose in a Landy?

That thing should be drowned at birth but will appeal to these who have pots of cash and aint interested in a proper working vehicle.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't somehow see that catching on with the true hardcore users of landrovers, i used to be a landrover fanatic then i realised they were loosing the plot now they've proven they have lost the plot!!!

Not sure what were gonna be left with soon to use as a hardcore offroad workhorse........ who gives a tupence about looks when you want to use it as a serious workhorse???:confused1:

Hitlers responce to the new Defender concept.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTSShysjWA&feature=related]Hitler Reacts to Land Rover DC100 Announcement - YouTube[/ame]

Funny stuff, i agree with him, on this subject. :thumbup:

I got an old merc g class a few months back and they have not changed the design since 78 ,so far I'm well impressed with it over any of the 90's I have owned would definietly get another.

But it costs a mint and a half when they go wrong, half shafts I seem to remember were horrific. I have a Defender and a Disco, both 03 TD5s, both good tools, both high milage.

Defender is an out and out work tool, mine is a County so as posh as you can get, the wife goes everywhere in it after our daughter totalled the wifes Focus. A Disco 4 with pick up open back would be not bad, maybe re engined down to a 4 cylinder engine of about 130/150 bhp and lower ratio gears. With Diff lock and low range.

A