Have Stihl been knocked off their perch?

Hawthorn

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My km 130 has made in USA on it ...... Probably explains why it and the one I've had before it have been temprementle heaps of junk, my new hedge cutters are junk and my blowers just seized and my main ms 200 has had two carbs, I hope they do get knocked off there perch, I'm not buying any Stihl any more.,.. Rant over!

yer stihl aint what it used to be!!!!! my km130 is 1 year old had new carb, coil and breather thing in feul tank. Still is **** so i bourght a new one ( cos have all attachments so am stuck with stihl). I am going to take the old km 130 up to the arb fair to moan at sthil stand, any one else with **** stihl stuff should do same might get there arse in gear to offer 2 year garentee like huski.

I pretty much agree Matty. For years I refused to buy husky after blowing them up and just feeling they were poorly made, and until a couple of years back still felt that. However I now feel that stihl have been resting on their laurels.....the machines feel more cheaply made, my 200 has had endless problems, the ms362 I replaced an ms361 with feels cheap, and my husky 390xp is just a much better made machine. On top of that I have heard from 2 seperate dealers that stihl basically said 'if it says stihl on it they'll keep buying it'.......

According to the Spring 2011 Screwfix "Lastest in Landscaping " catalogue,

"Solo is the leading German manufacturer of quality chainsaws, ideal for professional use...."

Chainsaws - Chainsaws & Accessories | Screwfix.com

:lol::lol::lol:[/quote

The two companies have always battled in the home market, solo always won the national defence contract which used to get right up Stihl's nose.

But Stihl is Huge Worldwide and growing.

I used to work for Solo back in the early 80's and i wish that several manufacturers would take on the big two with quality and great back up as they have it too much their own way, Echo/Shindaiwa alliance group would be the best opportunity ! their range is good, quality but need to be in Europe themselves not thru distributors who overprice everything and don't have any back up.

We run Stihl FS200 strimmers here, a doz or so of.

For this past 8 or 9 years, the strimmers are up to 5 and 6 years old.

I do not know they exist, they simply keep going.

When we ran the Japanese , or briefly Husky strimmers my heart was broke, endless problems.

Cheers

M