fuel....we are mugs!!

sean

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oil companies drilling and drilling until they find the stuff is some godforsaken part of the world - then pumping it out of the ground, sending it halfway across the earth in a big tanker, refining it in some big plant then shipping across the UK in a tanker - then actually selling it to the motorist....£1.37 per litre. I supose it's quite reasonable if u compare it to a litre of coke or spring water!! I'm not saying i like paying that for fuel, i was just over 6k last year on the spreadsheet for the stuff, i i can see it going up and up :-(

Oil companies drilling and drilling until they find the stuff is some godforsaken part of the world - then pumping it out of the ground, sending it halfway across the earth in a big tanker, refining it in some big plant then shipping across the UK in a tanker - then actually selling it to the motorist....£1.37 per litre. I supose it's quite reasonable if u compare it to a litre of coke or spring water!! I'm not saying i like paying that for fuel, i was just over 6k last year on the spreadsheet for the stuff, i i can see it going up and up :-(

Yes. And when you consider £7 worth of the stuff will move 5 tons 20 miles in under half an hour, it sounds like a bargain. And look how we waste it.:thumbdown:

oh goody goody the prospect of a fuel protest/blockade. I remember the last time this was tried, all it seemed to achieve was a massive inconveniance to everyone and nothing else.

The oil companies are a buisness and a buisness has to make money. As others have stated most of the cost of a litre of fuel goes to the government and only a small percentage to the oil company. The government needs to raise revenue to stop the country going down the pan thanks to the last shower of poop that ran the country so taxing the thing that we all use makes sense to me. We don't like it but what is the alternative?

The alternative if you have a diesel is to make your own from waste veg oil or crush your own oil seed rape using the small production exemption.

Otherwise you could mix your own diesel from duty free components but that would be illegal so not recommended unless you want to spend time at Her Majesties Pleasure.

Firstly there was an AA campaign a few years back, they stated that fuel tax equated to £8 in every £10 of fuel, 80% in otherwords.

the gargages do NOT make squatt ut of it, they earn out of other services especialy overpriced foods. ( I know a forecourt manager or two)

the amount of work that goes into finding and drilling oil is immense, and to be honest, why are we moaning about the cost of fuel which earns us our money and is good value when we waste so much money on silly things?

I phones £500 FFS, like others have said, its about the same price as coca cola, think about it, seriously think about it!

Was wandering when veg oil would get a mention, it can be mixed with diesel but even veg oil has shot up in price, you can get it at the mo for about £1/litre from supermarkets if you shop around, check out web-sites on the legallity tho, making your own bio-diesel is the cheapest way after the initial payment for equiptment, 40p/litre, its all out there on the net. The L200 owners club has loads of stuff about alternative fuel :001_smile:

Price fixing is illegal across the world, christies and sotherbys the auctioneers were fined for fixing pices and big corporations accross the world are forbidden from matching prices with one another.

Yet....................

OPEC are a cartel who's sole purpose is to fix the oil price. The price of all other comodities; iron ore, gold, grain, pork bellies are all free to float on the international markets, yet oil is fixed by opec's strangle hold on production. if they want the price to go up they hold back production, if they want the price to go down they could increase production. Its that simple.

Price fixing is illegal across the world, christies and sotherbys the auctioneers were fined for fixing pices and big corporations accross the world are forbidden from matching prices with one another.

Yet....................

OPEC are a cartel who's sole purpose is to fix the oil price. The price of all other comodities; iron ore, gold, grain, pork bellies are all free to float on the international markets, yet oil is fixed by opec's strangle hold on production. if they want the price to go up they hold back production, if they want the price to go down they could increase production. Its that simple.

Oil bottomed out in '99 at $20, about the time that most surveys predicted peak production would occur.

There's never been an official audit of proven reserves in Saudi.

I'm not sure they could boost production if they wanted to.