post your motorbikes

WoodED

• 2 months later...
I love the big bird Duncan and yours is in the best colour too👍

Nice machine.

She's a grand old thing stoner......nearly 18 years old and not easily embarrassed by much all these years on, turbine smooth too and that engine really is bullet proof (read: over engineered). Not been my favourite bike tbh but will go down as one of the greats I guess.

Dnepr 650 imported by Nevals of Hornsea and converted to LH side car.

Ukrainians copied it from BMW left behind after the war, hence the horizontal twin, and made it from what seems to be recycled tank metal!

The local bike shop had an old boy with a dry sense of humour. Took it for a brake test on the MOT came back and asked me

"'Ow many 'osses is it"

I said "It says it has 35 hp in the book"

He says " Well I reckon about 30 of them are dead mate!"

Numberplate probably worth more than the bike, Airedale centre of attention when parked in the high street and the whole outfit seems to be the complete antidote to road rage.

For those of you who have not ridden a combination, first ride you will find (with a left hand sidecar) right hand bends "Interesting" in that you tend to understeer into the hedge, and left hand bends are more interesting as the side car becomes airborne very easily complete with panic stricken passenger!

k9kgb.jpg.48a7b4e6748f4b6b50bf230a2af4f7df.jpg

DSCF0189_zpsevodif5x.jpg

DSCF0149_zpsm4jnrs5b.jpg

Sold both these last year. Had the zx for 4/5 years and had gone through it and given it a light resto. Bought the fazer 1000 as a replacement, but sold it after 4 months because I didn't find it comfortable over long distance. Shame, because they are an awesome bike. Oh, and yes I do regret selling the zx.

Just been offered a cagiva elephant 900 which might tempt me back in the saddle.