Cordless drills, opinions?

Beezy

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Hitachi 18V and its great have 5 batteries all 3AH bought a used SDS on ebay for £29 another drill for £20 a circular saw for £49 a torch and a 4 1/2" grinder (new). and an impact wrench...... looking for a recip saw now lol

I have a 150watt 12V DC-240V AC inverter i use in the van to keep them all charged

If you get the Makita you could get the cordless chainsaw for those small quiet jobs:001_tt2:

i borrowed a 15.6v hilti drill driver of a mate and that was the only drill that has eva had enough power to twist it out of my hands

You've obviously never tried a Makita LTX 3-speed on first gear, 19mm auger bit and an oak gatepost... this put an old workmate into A & E :thumbup: Came round and clonked him on the head! :lol:

You've obviously never tried a Makita LTX 3-speed on first gear, 19mm auger bit and an oak gatepost... this put an old workmate into A & E :thumbup: Came round and clonked him on the head! :lol:

ouch,,, yh this was a few years ago tho mate befor the lithium ion stuff was even herd of, mayb 3-4 years ago, hilti have gone down the lithium ion route now,,, but i agree the makita tools are the best for money,, i bought one today in fact

I have makita 18v volt battery drills, i am currently on my 4th battery they do not last. the drill is made well although some of the cheaper drills from screw fix are made with plastic not metal personally i am now buying milwalkee metal casting no plastic very good quality fair price

Had dewalt but kept getting knicked as reconisable colour at moment got ryobi 18v got hammer/drill had it for at least 5years and still going strong even better now with lithion batteries. Just got a roybi impact driver and that kicks arse, makitia is very good and thats what i'm starting to replace my old kit with so got a router so far (very good too).

B&Q had a good offer on recently, Hitachi Li-ion with two batteries for £100. Hitachi rep told me the rrp on the batteries is £60 each......

I've got myself one of these, best cordless I've ever had :thumbup1:

Edited by Ben
error