Cordless drills, opinions?

Beezy

Makita LXT 18v every time we use the three speed and two speeds drills three speed is awsome the impact driver is great i have the lxt sds too as wellas the cordless grinder all the muts nuts super kit cant fault it !

Hmm changed to Milwaukee so so good :) 18v 5ah battery's in the drill nothing stops it :)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm changed to Milwaukee so so good :) 18v 5ah battery's in the drill nothing stops it :)
Also on MIlwaukee M18 5ah drills. Got 4 batteries with an SDS, drill/driver and an impact driver. do a lot of drilling each week and running bolts or coach screws in. Really impressed so far apart from I picked the bigger SDS with 4j breaker which is a bit heavy if working above your head drilling.

Had dewalt, makita, hilti. Nothing seems to come close to the power the SDS drills at or how long the batteries last.

Recently seen an 18v hammer, with 2x 1.3ah Li-ion batts. from Ryobi - £91 from B+Q but not all stores stock it and is unavailable for delivery.

1.3ah is hopeless really, ryobi not great either.

You can also fit 2Ah and 4Ah to the same tool.

I presently have a 14ish v DeWalt drill-driver and a 18v DeWalt hammer drill-driver and was pleased with both. Right up till both developed problems with either the batteries or chargers. DeWalt have a 2yr. warranty Pity the equipment only lasts 2yrs. Should have guessed; if the equipment was likely to last longer, they'd have given a longer warranty.

Lots of tool outlets grab our attention with "good deals" but they have low AH batteries which are a waste of time for other than light duty use.

I bought an Aeg drill with 2x 3 ah batteries to replace an old one of the same make and its excellent but was disapointed that it was now chineese, made by TTI

Here is an interesting link to give an idea of which manufacturers are in bed with:

Tool Brands: Who Owns What? A Guide to Corporate Affiliations

Having already got a Milwaukee M18 Fuel cordless drill & couple of 4ah batteries I added one of these to the collection.... it's an M18 Fuel circular saw with a 190mm blade.

Obviously uses more battery power to run that a cordless drill but it is very impressive.

For bigger all day jobs I could do with getting one of the big Fuel batteries.

Things I particularly like about it are; hanging hook, LED light, depth of cut, the blade stops spinning soon after the trigger is released, very light but solid, powerful.

image.jpg.08e78a886111d705005508e738dea416.jpg

I just bought a new 18v lithium Ion cordless to replace an ageing 9.6v ELU (Identical to one of the DeWalt 9.6v)

I ended up with a Makita on the basis of having a very old Makita corded drill. I went for the Makita DHP453SYE which uses the LXT batteries. I went for the 2 x 1.5Ah kit from B&Q rather than the1 x 4Ah kit from Screwfix as I generally only need the drill for a quick job but I need it ready immediately so 2 batteries with one always fully charged suited me better. Turned out when it came it was a limited offer with 3 x 1.5Ah batteries. Cost £140 delivered.