Cordless drills, opinions?

Beezy

I run a building company and would say in cordless buy dewalt ,hitachi or panasonic if you can find it, makita stuff is ok but the batteries are total crap they just don't last and are expensive to replace,makita are marketed well and the dealers get big mark ups on them so they sell well i know i spent out on a fair bit of makita kit over the years and paid to learn that it is not the best by a long shot.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please put up a report if you do demo this nailer, as i am interested in it aswell, due to me already having the pin nailer.

cheers.

Will do- it's coming to our local Travis 23 March. Nearly went down the paslode route as our air nailers can be a pain. This DeWalt will do 50-90mm. Exciting

Got this today only cause it was cheap :D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

We bought one of them on a deal 2 3amp batteries for £175 +vat seem good so far.

A good tip with batteries is don,t let them get to cold and allways leave them with some charge in them.:thumbup1:

We bought one of them on a deal 2 3amp batteries for £175 +vat seem good so far.

A good tip with batteries is don,t let them get to cold and allways leave them with some charge in them.:thumbup1:

This one was £150 inc vat, if battery to cold the charger heats it up and if to cold it cools it down

This one was £150 inc vat, if battery to cold the charger heats it up and if to cold it cools it down

Thats a good price if you got 3amp batteries if you got the 1.5 amp batteries you get half the run time,don,t keep batteries in a cold place when you are not using the drill for a while.:thumbup1:

• 1 year later...
Bringing this thread back from the dead.

Just read through from the beginning and the Makita seemed to be the one most recommended.

Anyone got any other suggestions and do the guys who recommended the Makita still stand by them 2 years further on.

Have got a Milwaukee 18v but after 10 years of hard graft it is pretty much dead, it's been a great tool but would prefer something with slightly easier to source parts

OK I'm resurrecting this thread for a second time.

I ended up buying a makita which up until recently has been faultless, also got the impact driver to match which I wouldn't be without.

All was well until I used it on a REALLY wet day recently and to be fair it was soaked. Worked fine in the rain all day but come the next day it was knacked, slow to turn and smoked like mad under the lightest of loads even though it had been beside the heater drying out all night.

Was expecting to have to replace the whole thing but found out you can get a new motor for less than £20.

Replaced it this morning in about half hour and now back working as it should 👍👍

Would I buy another one.... Yes its a great drill, just don't let them get too wet