average fuel usage

Aspen@AAOIL

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forestry thinnings (often quite small stuff, so the saw is idling much of the time) - 2-3 litres a day.

Occasional rhododendron clearance - 5 litres a day

Chainsaw milling - 5-9 litres a day, or thereabouts.

General grass trimming (going all day with 3xFS400s) then about 10 litres. When grass trimming the saws are never running flat out.

Switch to RoW clearance and it's a different story. 1xFS400, 2xFS550. Pedal to the metal so to speak, can easily use 25 litres a day.

Felling standing dead oak and cutting logs to length, plus firewood from the tops - 3l/day (once or twice a year).

Milling - 5l/day (about five times a year at the moment).

General work - hedging, hedgecutting, trimming etc - 3l/day.

Probably get through 50l of 2-stroke a year, but the mowers and brushcutter are 4-stroke and use quite a bit more.

Alec

we got through ALOT today on 2 hedge trimmers and a blower must be more than 3 litres. same again tomorrow so i'll get a more accurate reading.

i'd be interested to hear from people who use strictly aspen, to see how it has affected their pricing. hopefully in the future, when i have my own business, i can buy big drums of aspen - i hate the drowsey feeling from 2 stroke fumes in your lungs!

Anti-Pollution Masks, Cycling Face Masks, Cycling Pollution Masks | Buy Now at ChainReactionCycles.com