Log theft caught red handed

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple of the cameras from this site. The chap who sell them is one of my clients, i might be able to sort an arbtalk special if enough people want. He seemed keen the last time. The padlocks are great, they scream if touched, i wire all my saws together then lock them up with the lock.

Security Cameras & Theft Deterrents > Secure Sight

Theocus

That padlock alarm is brilliant, but how do you disable it without it going off when you need to undo it with the key? Do you just have to put up with a siren in your ears until you manage to get it undone

Cheers

Woodworm

Hi,

Sorry to hear of this, there are several types of inexpensive web cams (axis Y-cam etc) that will motion detect & record to a server or PC.

Alternatively a claymore mine with a trip wire should do the trick!

barstewards

N

That time of year again when people think it is acceptable to help themselves to your seasoned split logs.

I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of going down the yard and finding big holes in my log pile after I have grafted hard to build it up and over a year storing it under cover.

I have put in counter measures, but I really shouldn't have to waste so much of my time and money trying to protect my livelihood.

This time I am going to prosecute to the hilt when they are caught, I,m taking no prisoners. I reckon over the season, I get a minimum of £1000 worth stolen

Dean, what happened to the offenders from last year? Did you tackle them? Did they get prosecuted?

http://www.kinnoirwoodfuel.co.uk

OR,

Set up a remote motion sensor camera or whatever that tells your mobile when they are there. Then ring the police up saying that someone was pinching your logs from your yard, but its alright, because you just shot them :D

You will then receive an immediate visit from an armed response vehicle, the officers will have orders to remove all your firearms and ammunition assuming you have some, your firearm and shotgun licences will then be revoked. It is then unlikely that you will get them back, ever.

If you don't have any firearms then you will probably be prosecuted rather than the criminals. Happened to friend of a friend when he came home one night to find burglars in his remote house and the Police advising that they were unable to respond, he tried again 5 mins later, same response, 5 mins later he reported he had shot one of the intruders, an ARV was there in under 4 minutes. The Police crew were not interested in the burglars much, just the firearms side.

You do need photographic evidence in order to obtain a conviction. If they are carrying them away in a car then the car can be seized and crushed, cant get much more than a week or twos worth in a car so you will probably have a good idea when they are likely to return.

A

A

Dean, what happened to the offenders from last year? Did you tackle them? Did they get prosecuted?

kwfhomepage

I did get the police involved and they went to see the offender. His excuse was he thought the yard was the scouts yard (as the scouts in and out road encompass my land) and has he was a scout leader.........and so on..

So in the end, it would have proved difficult to prove his intent I suppose .

I did get the police involved and they went to see the offender. His excuse was he thought the yard was the scouts yard (as the scouts in and out road encompass my land) and has he was a scout leader.........and so on..

He should still have been made to return all that he had taken, Dean

if he was a scout leader he would know they wernt there logs!

Hes a thief fullstop he should not be in anyway involved with educating kids imo!