Log theft caught red handed

Dean Lofthouse

A previous customer walking their dog near my yard saw a couple helping themselves to my logs and took the cars reg number.

I've been down to see what was taken and it turns out this particular couple are responsible for taking logs for quite some time.

They use the same spot and make it hard for themselves by climbing over the fence in the same place and throw them back over the fence.

I've phoned the police and reported it because these are persistant theives and need sorting. Apparently a Police officer will visit me withing the next few days :001_rolleyes:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you need it on film mate !set a movment camera up and film them ,then bribe them for all the cash for the wood ,then shop them to the law

Thats a welshman for you! And he is right. Do 'em good and proper.

Or, drill into a log and put gunpowder in it.... just a thought.

Unfortunatly the police see this as a petty crime, you'll most likely get given a crime number and that will be it. We had a similar problem, except somebody was stealing red diesel, trecking across the field, over the litte stream, nicking 25litres at a time. Police just gave us a crime number, told us they knew the offender but he was to young for them to deal with! So at that point you have to take the law into your own hands.

OR,

Set up a remote motion sensor camera or whatever that tells your mobile when they are there. Then ring the police up saying that someone was pinching your logs from your yard, but its alright, because you just shot them :D

Edited by Sam Thompson
Gnilleps

I've just put the reg number into google and the car was sold recently by the toyota dealer near me. I reckon with a bit of blagging it wouldn't be difficult to get a name and address.

This time I'm pushing for prosecution

They are taking rings because they have cleaned me out of split stuff.

I had about three bulk bags of split stuff left to see me through. I went down yesterday to get some and they've all gone.

I've just had to phone the police back because I gave them the wrong reg number. I gave them the reg number of an old bloke who has my blessing to take specific logs I leave for him. I had wrote his number on the same bit of paper.

I had images in my head of the poor sod getting his front door kicked in :lol:

Seriously what do you think will happen to them if the case went to court, me thinks sweet FA. I would get better pleasure from punching them till my knuckles bled.

I think Theft is theft, whether it's 10p worth or £10000 worth.

I'll push it as far as I can because I reckon this car is responsible for a lot of logs going missing.