Forum rules and posting guidelines

Steve Bullman

i need some help in pricing a job... 115 trees..pops,elms,silver birch and some small cherry...pops elms and birch tallest nearly 60ft..cherry are not that big..not sure if i should go on price or day rate? someone here should be able to help out im sure!!!

i need some help in pricing a job... 115 trees..pops,elms,silver birch and some small cherry...pops elms and birch tallest nearly 60ft..cherry are not that big..not sure if i should go on price or day rate? someone here should be able to help out im sure!!!

Firstly, I think you are on the wrong thread mate, and secondly you will need to tell people where you are. :001_smile:

the rules do not include replacing rude words entirely with asterisks - yet i have noticed my posts being edited for including such profanities as 'asterisk asterisk asterisk asterisk'

surely four asterisks in a line does not count as a profanity??!

Forum rules:

2. Posts may not contain unnecessary profanity, be sexually explicit, or be in such poor taste as to offend even a truck driver. Automatic censoring will pick up the most offensive swear words and replace them with asterisks. You, however, are not allowed to space out swear words, replace one character in a swear word with an asterisk, or use any alternative spelling to avoid the auto-censor.

In a nutshell, if I or any other moderator interpret any spelling or inclusion of asterisks to get around this rule, the post will be deleted, repeated abuse of the forum will result further action, and in worst case scenario, removal from the forum. We moderators give up our time voluntarily to help the forum run in a smooth manner, following a few simple rules is surely not asking too much?:001_rolleyes: We're not here to wipe backsides and snotty noses:001_smile:

• 1 month later...

In the forum rules it states that racism etc will not be tolerated on here. Now whatever your feelings to any ethnic group, gypsies included, keep them to yourselves, or entire posts will be removed. I'll also point out that all races have access to the internet, all races run businesses, and all races may be your future employers/clients, so to speak on forum in such a bad manner could also affect you directly in the future.

• 1 month later...

I have noticed of late that more and more people are slipping back into the use of expletive's (swear word) with missing letter or *** inserted.

Steve has asked us all on many occasions not to do this.

If new members see this they think its acceptable and it becomes more and more wide spread.

Steve has created a great site here and out of respect for him we should abide by the site rules.

I have noticed of late that more and more people are slipping back into the use of expletive's (swear word) with missing letter or *** inserted.

Steve has asked us all on many occasions not to do this.

If new members see this they think its acceptable and it becomes more and more wide spread.

Steve has created a great site here and out of respect for him we should abide by the site rules.

I've noticed that too, that Bolam blokes a nightmare :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

Sigh.

Just to reiterate again to the persistant offenders and to those who are new to the site. Swearing is swearing even if its spelt sw***ing; I for one will simply be deleting posts that break the forum rules. If the poster can't be bothered to choose the appropriate words then neither can I.

Over and out.