Forum rules and posting guidelines

Steve Bullman

"Over and out."

that's a contradiction in terms...:001_tongue:

sorry for my swear earlier this week..:blushing:

and you might need to look a little closer to home re swearing,,, ie the emoticons...1. the bird....is exactly the same as swearing and 2. 1/3 of the way down there is one called girlsh+t....:001_tt2:

Edited by ad15
noticed something

Sigh.

Just to reiterate again to the persistant offenders and to those who are new to the site. Swearing is swearing even if its spelt sw***ing; I for one will simply be deleting posts that break the forum rules. If the poster can't be bothered to choose the appropriate words then neither can I.

Over and out.

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

• 3 weeks later...

Is there an automatic block on you tube video's or is their a technique to master for this forum. On other forums I just enter the url and it pops up. I really would like to have some feedback on the Palax used as a kindling machine and the two you tube video's explained exactly the type of splitting head I am looking for.

• 1 month later...

What happened to the Connaught thread? I tried posting to it around quarter to 9 last night, but couldn't. Now I can't find it, although older threads referring to Connaughts come up on search.

I'd have thought discussion of this company at the moment would be quite relevant to a site like this, as I'm sure there are a few fountains/Connaught subbies or employees who come on here. Their situation, and the recent dealings of some of their directors, are in the public domain already, so i don't see any legal problems....

quite simply it goes against the grain of what arbtalk is about. i'm sure you wouldnt want people discussing your business on a public forum would you? Invariably, people come out of the woodwork who have an axe to grind in threads such as these...it sets a dangerous precedent IMO to encourage such threads.

• Like 1

quite simply it goes against the grain of what arbtalk is about. i'm sure you wouldnt want people discussing your business on a public forum would you? Invariably, people come out of the woodwork who have an axe to grind in threads such as these...it sets a dangerous precedent IMO to encourage such threads.

If people want to discuss my business in public, there's not much I can do about it, unless it's libelous. It's the price I pay for my rights to free speech, such as they are.

My point is this: if this company goes under - and that's certainly not what I'm hoping for - it could take a number of arb businesses down with it, not to mention the effect it would have on employees. Given the hard work involved in building up a business, don't you think it's something that's worth discussing?

If people want to discuss my business in public, there's not much I can do about it, unless it's libelous. It's the price I pay for my rights to free speech, such as they are.

My point is this: if this company goes under - and that's certainly not what I'm hoping for - it could take a number of arb businesses down with it, not to mention the effect it would have on employees. Given the hard work involved in building up a business, don't you think it's something that's worth discussing?

To be libelous it must be untrue, but how is Steve to know if its true/libelous or not??

If people do exaggerate a Co's troubles, this could cause said Co's troubles to increase, suppliers could withhold much needed goods and services,ect.

Such a thread could become a self fulfilling prophecy.

I believe there was a case in the US, where some stocks&shares tipsters were found guilty of insider dealing, because they became so we respected that the shares they tipped would rocket, so they could then sell and make a killing.