Are you Bear Grylls ?

melvyn

I'm more a fan of Ray Mears than Bear, reason being you get the impression off Ray that he does actually give a monkeys about what he does and is passing important knowledge on so it doesn't get lost with modern life. With Bear a lot of what he does is postulating for the camera, case in point being this clip :

Soon as I saw this I lost all my respect for him, as his shows are very misleading.

:001_rolleyes: Just about says it all really :001_rolleyes:

I also heard that Bear stay in a hotel at night, then goes out to his shelter or tent in the morning to start the filming.

Ray is the real deal!!:thumbup1: and any one who can get a chubby as Ray from living of the land must know what he's doing!!:thumbup:

PS. What sort of a name is Bear??????????

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have

Slept on a mate Couch WITH OUT a Duvet

Eaten Cold Pizza from the Lid of a Box after a Party

Found a Half Melted Ice Cream on the Beech and eaten it (was still in wrapper)

Made a Tent in a Park from a Deflated Paddling Pool and a Skipping Rope.

Lit a Fire in a Rubbish Bin with only a Lighter and some Sparklers.

Here is a Picture of the Buss that the idiot Starved to death in.Yes you can drive to it,not its not that remote.

597658a3b5ba8_IdiotBuss.jpg.0b19e1d63e813f1027f6bd90e9b17cd5.jpg

I have

Slept on a mate Couch WITH OUT a Duvet

Eaten Cold Pizza from the Lid of a Box after a Party

Found a Half Melted Ice Cream on the Beech and eaten it (was still in wrapper)

Made a Tent in a Park from a Deflated Paddling Pool and a Skipping Rope.

Lit a Fire in a Rubbish Bin with only a Lighter and some Sparklers.

Here is a Picture of the Buss that the idiot Starved to death in.Yes you can drive to it,not its not that remote.

Are you being 100% honest there Mike? I mean seriously, NO Duvet? What about pillows?

I slept in the truck at the first Jonsie show - all by myself and pretty brave of me considering some of the characters roaming around in early hours.:001_tongue:

On the Bear Grylls debate - Bear is standard nickname for people called Edward as also is 'Teddy'... no I don't know why but it is! He was called it from a young age...

He has done some brave things so you have to give him some credit - but I think he needs to change the way he narrates like he's constantly in a war zone i.e. slightly stooped shoulders, scanning around for potential enemies and always in a hurry.... that gets on your nerves!

:biggrin:

Those trousers do sound good - all those extra pockets where you could store dry beef jerky and tools and fishing hooks etc. :biggrin:

Bear Grylls makes Fishing Hooks from the Wire in Parachute Harnesses Rob....

Perfect little Stainless Steel Hooks......

He uses the Waterproof Pockets to hold the Room key to the Holiday Inn and his roll of Menthos.