Insomnia

Pete Mctree

If you want to attract Charlie try this:

Boil a fair ammount of horse hoof in water for about 3 hours. Bottle the whole lot in a demijohn and seal with an air lock. leave in the sun for a couple of weeks. When you take a small amount out to use just top up with boiled water.

1. Don't do it indoors!

2. Don't spill on your clothes, you will have to wear it off!

3. Keep out of reach of dogs!

Place a small amount in a 35mm film holder stuffed with cotton wool and a hole in either end. Place a small cord through the bottom hole with a simple over hand knot in it to stop it slipping off.

suspend the cannister via the cord, saok the cotton wool with the mixture and replace lid. The liquid will slowly drip out onto the floor.

This will bring em in for miles! Position where you can get a safe shotand overlook the bait. Enjoy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I get insomnia every now and again.I think it usually comes from doing too much/worrying/over training.I also don't consume caffine or simple carbohydrates like sugar or white bread after 4pm.I also blackout my bedroom windows with heavy curtains so once the door is shut its pitch black.

i'm wide awake between 11pm and 3am as a rule, really peas me off at times, i've never been an early riser, my body clock just isn't tim ed that way..

Ditto.

i always wake about 4, feel wide awake, then by he time i get back to sleep and wake for work i feel like crap

Double ditto.

I hate it if I sleep past 7.30, I just cant get up without a titanic struggle.

After 4 hours sleep, folowing 3 hours friday night, I was wondering who else suffers from it?

Pretty much the same for me - i am a victim of an over active imagination, and my mind will not turn off...has been the same for about 15 years. been to the quacks etc. and he told me to change lifestyle. So no caffiene after 5ish... try to get a routine going before bed, something like read for 15 mins or so. don't eat too late. doesn't always work though and now I have a 1 year old, so i suppose i had an excuse for sleeping spradically.

I read once that if it takes longer to drop off than 12 - 15 mins you are classified with having insomnia. When i read this I wondered what i would be classified as it take s me sometimes 1-2 hours to get to kippage. :thumbdown:

I had an accident 4 years ago where i hit my head and had to get 2 metal plates in my forehead and for around 2 years i could only sleep 3 hours a night,now i can sleep 4 hours apart from the time i have a hell of a lot of beer in me and i would sleep to the morning:beer:

I find it hard to stay awake after my tea, I often have a coffee in the evening to help me say awake if I want to watch a film or the like, I can fall asleep at lunch some days.

I need about 7 or 8 hours per night and am asleep within minuets of getting into bed, it would seem I am quite lucky.

I can sleep anywhere, at the welsh tcc last year we all went down to a pub for a hot meal cos it had been chucking it down all day. I had a couple of pints, we ate the meal, then I just nodded off were I sat. When woke up about an hour later everyone that had been sat at my table had wandered off and half a dozen different people had sat down!

I could never work in an office, I would be asleep every afternoon. College was a nightmare for me, there was one lecture in the second year, last thing every wednesday afternoon, I fell asleep every week, regular as clockwork.