Religion

christreeroot

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thread. I am a christian.

I agree with some of what has been said about the negatives of 'organised religion' and the sad history of the church etc.

Agree with you Jason when you say it should all be about the love.

Crib Goch? lots of fun running past people clinging to the hand rail. The Black cuillin ridge on skye is the king of UK ridges. If you like The goch, try the Cuillin!

sorry, slightly side tracked by your mountain Avatar.

Good to have some common ground between Christians and Us Atheists. It's all in the love baby.

An interesting read ...

The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.

The book raises some interesting issues and whatever your persuasion it will have you asking questions. FTR I am Athiest.

Top book everyone should read it! I defy anyone with a religious persuasion, to come out of the end of that book unscathed.

1 man says he is Napoleon, he's insane, 2 million people say he's Napoleon, it's a religion and we give it respect. But it's just 2 million people being deluded. 2 million people with mental illness and no one helps them.

Oh golly!

kinda agree about Dawkins but he's a bit evangelical himself. i was brought up in a strict minority 'Christian' environment but would now say i'm atheist. i think the idea that we can reject organised religion but not God is just bet hedging - 'I think there must be something more to life' - sorry - there isn't! Dawkins however fails to explain the existence of religions tho' he does have a go on a genetics/Darwinian basis. i suspect we all think we're so special that 'death can't be the end' so all sorts of systems are constructed to deal with this. sorry - got a bit carried away.