Religion

christreeroot

The word Christian was given to the early followers of Jesus, and the name has 'stuck' to this day.

Being a Christian is not about keeping rules and regulations, performing rituals, or even going to church. It's about a friendship - a friendship with Jesus Christ. Jesus said that knowing him is the doorway to a special relationship with God.

Jesus says that we can begin such a special relationship with God by committing ourselves to follow him. Millions of people today have discovered a relationship with God in this way.

I think many of you have got confused with what religion is and isnt.... (this is due to other religions pushing untrue facts in your face)

For me religion is about my personal relationship with Christ - i dont set myself rules on how to live, my life folds out in front of me in such a way that i know god has a hand in it... If i am unsure on a decision or direction i should take i ask god through prayer.

As i set out to do something i know if it wrong or right.

There are other religions and ways to live life, i dont have a problem with any of these, i know to show them respect and treat them as i would want to be treated, i may not agree with some of those ways of life.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i am unsure on a decision or direction i should take i ask god through prayer.

I have to ask - why not just use common sense and make a decision based on the facts at hand or your gut feeling?

I have worked with a Witness and had lengthy discussions based on his beliefs and how 'they' as a religion came up with these ways to live their lives. I am a great believer in each to their own, but have yet to accept any of the explanations he has given re: the blood issue and xmas etc.

IMO there is no evidence whatsoever to prove the existence of God or that Jesus was the son of God.

If there were, it would cease to be a belief or faith and just be... known

on the flipside, is there any hard and fast PROOF that a God does not exist?

I think there are a lot of things we may never know. I actually hope there are.

Radio 4 Lee??

I found myself listening to radio 2 yesterday.

Must be getting old :wave:

I think the controller of Radio two might disagree. R2 has activly chased a younger and `hipper' audience for some years now. Broadcsters like Mark Lamar, Russel Brand, Russel davis, Steve Lamacq, Jonathan Ross and Terry Wogan are at the cutting edge of new music. I first heard the ting tings on radio two. Agreeing with jeremy vines out put might be a sign, but don't think it's getting old that bought you there Dean. Personally I mix up R4,R2,R1 and best of all R6 on digi and I'm only 18!

The reason I brought up clouds is because this morning on bbc radio 4 they had a programe about them, a met office cloud expert said ''we still don't really understand why clouds don't fall to earth as a frozen mass''

A HSE expert said we should have 3 points of attachment in a tree and should use mewps where ever possible.

A few hundred years ago an expert said we still don't know where lightening comes from.

An expert isn't really an expert when they say "don't really understand ". Especially when so many others do.