This is a first for me off a customer!!

scott995

I got three calls last week from different people in different areas all asking me if I would remove timber from trees that they had taken down. All said the same thing that they would give me the timber free for me to sell as logs.:stupid: people.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hang on a minute... Before you go telling her where to stick it... you should ask her to send a photo of herself in various situations so you can decide wether she's "worth the effort":biggrin:

funnily enough i had something similar just recently !! i had a call from a chap who asked if i could have a look at some trees in the garden or a house he has just inherited so i agreed a time and date the suited him , on the day i turned up to the address and was shown the trees which were set at the bottom of a massive garden and no acess to get any kit near to the trees at all . Any way i quoted had a further look at the job which was to take down 4 Cupressus Macrocarpa's which was going to be a pretty big and expensive job so i asked the chap which address he woud like me to send the quotation too at which point he looked at me told me that he was not going to pay for the job and that i would make more than enough money out of selling the timber to a saw mill or for logs !!!! what makes it even worse is that the property is located in one of the most expensive areas down here and the house is probably worth over half a million ! Infact i could not afford to buy the summer house in the garden without a big Mortgage .

hang on a minute... Before you go telling her where to stick it... you should ask her to send a photo of herself in various situations so you can decide wether she's "worth the effort":biggrin:

:confused1: Which tabloid/health mag was that gem of advice lifted from?

:confused1: Which tabloid/health mag was that gem of advice lifted from?

urrrr, it was a suitably stupid response to a suitably stupid request from a customer...:001_tongue:

it was meant as VERY tongue in cheek,,, ie ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer,,,,

look under your pillow mate, see if your sense of humour got left there this morning....:thumbup: