This is a first for me off a customer!!

scott995

hang on a minute... Before you go telling her where to stick it... you should ask her to send a photo of herself in various situations so you can decide wether she's "worth the effort":biggrin:

That made me laugh!:lol:

Then again, ive been on the end of stupid requests from customers too:001_rolleyes:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had something similar,

call from a lady, could i come and look at a large yew which had dropped some limbs, one of which had taken off a large Syc limb, which had flattened a section of hedge.

arranged a suitable time to view, ( the place was about 30 mins drive from mine)

arrived to find, gated entrance, video entry system,

a good half mile, lime tree lined, manicured lawned, drive

up to one of the largest houses i've worked around, must have been 10 bedrooms plus.

his n hers range rover sports, private matching plates.

nice, i thought..

the gent showed me the job, a good days work, about half a truck of chip, fill her up with logs.

the gentleman 'explained' to me that they didn't have much money, so if i wanted to be 'their' tree surgeon, i'd have to do all work for timber only.

he'd heard that yew wood was very expensive, so it'd easily cover my costs !!!!!!!!!!

i 'explained' as nicely as i could, that i couldn't possibly take advantage of his good nature. he could keep the highly valuable yew logs, and the sycamore, and the privet chip, and i'd take the lesser cash....:001_smile:

told me they couldn't possibly pay, and someone with a saw in the local village would probably do it.

to cut a long story short, i was called back two months later, to do the job i'd quoted, plus, clean up the tares the other 'chap with a saw' had done.

:thumbup::001_tt2::thumbup:

urrrr, it was a suitably stupid response to a suitably stupid request from a customer...:001_tongue:

it was meant as VERY tongue in cheek,,, ie ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer,,,,

look under your pillow mate, see if your sense of humour got left there this morning....:thumbup:

Yeah, still had it with me at 5:30 this morn, wouldn't want to confuse the tooth fairy:001_tongue: Ok, so maybe I had left some of it in the bedside cabinate, must make a mental note.... :biggrin:

Can't believe some people like i haven't had it that bad yet thought the old "while your here" was bad enough I'm getting sick of that one lately

Cant think of the last job i did when that one didnt come out:sneaky2:

Seems strange how there has been an increase in this type of attitude since the "recession" started:cursing:

I know mate I keep pricing a job for a take down and they say leave the timber as it lies wel sort it I got a saw then at the end of the job it's "you couldn't just cut it into rings could you?" then that's not good enough they want me to quater them might as well chop

them up and light the fire too lol think I might put a bit extra on because you know they gonna ask you to do it

Can't believe some people like i haven't had it that bad yet thought the old "while your here" was bad enough I'm getting sick of that one lately

I dont see a problem. The 'while you are here' question is a request for more work to be done.

The response to the question should always be 'Yes, thats no problem at all, would you like me to work out the cost of that now, or are you happy for me to add it on to the invoice for the other work, that we have done today?'

Obviously common sense prevails, and if they want you to literally do a quick 2 min job then I wouldn't charge either.

I did a job last year, the spec was to fell 4 large Lawson cypress and take it all away, I gave a price but was told that they wouldn't go over a certain amount and they would clear everthing up themselves. So I gave them there monies worth, basically I felled said trees and snedded up until the saw was out of juice. The garden was an almighty heap of conifer, I left. 9 months later, I get a call, "could I come and take away the trees, we want our garden back". I took a look, all dried out conifer sitting there, quoted, again, and didn't hear from them, quite glad really, access to the garden was not good. Probably they're still lying there now. Keeps it interesting though:biggrin: