Unimog U900. How many of you use them?

njc110381

Sorry to hear you bent up your chip box buddy. Those two watchers need a kick up the arse by the sound of things! As for the TP760, if it's that shite do you want to swap it for my entec trukloder? :001_tongue:

MTD chippers are classy if all you want to do is chip old bamboo canes and rose prunings. In a domestic setting they're great to turn woody material into compostable sized bits. I used to like the little bag that went with it. You could fit about two buckets of chip in there before it needed emptying!

It's interesting to hear how many of you use Mogs. It seems they either have a fan club or a wouldn't touch one with a pole club.

If you take them as what they are, a £100k new tool that's complicated and will be expensive to fix then you wont go far wrong. If you expect them to run for the same money as your Ford Ranger then perhaps you expect too much for too little outlay?

I'm hoping mine wont cost me too much when I get it, but who knows? I'll soon find out I guess! That's why I'm going for a cheap old one, because you can get cheap old spares!

not all the old spares are cheap some times better to just get new and know that they will last

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true. Am I right in thinking the spares for the old Mogs are more reasonably priced though? And there's less complicated stuff to break in the first place!

Old parts are often worn out or hard to obtain.Much like old Mogs,they are often wornout and good ones hard to obtain.

003.jpg.8fe363305f4fbddaf1dccecdf246f5e7.jpg

Perhaps I should have paid more attention at school! :001_huh:

I like the U1000, very tidy. The only thing I don't like about them is that the wings stick up on the sides of the bonnet, looks a little odd I think. If I get a 1000 it will be fitted with a 1200 bonnet, which goes straight on so I'm told. :thumbup1: