Burnham

ArbDogs? Pics!

The old girl looking good(anybody else got a diabetic dog)image.thumb.jpeg.52041095a3ce5a6beb2edeae1d01223b.jpeg

New one on me that gary, how old is she? Cant say it sounds common for a collie, had plenty when we were on farm but never really suffered with anything. They’re usually one of those self sufficient type breeds, low maintenance as they say!

Shes turned 11 now and been diabetic for 18mths now,inject her twice a day but she does really well, £100 in insulin a month but i dont mind that shes a brilliant dog,still comes to work with me

4 minutes ago, Ratman said:

New one on me that gary, how old is she? Cant say it sounds common for a collie, had plenty when we were on farm but never really suffered with anything. They’re usually one of those self sufficient type breeds, low maintenance as they say! emoji23.png

• Like 1

Shes turned 11 now and been diabetic for 18mths now,inject her twice a day but she does really well, £100 in insulin a month but i dont mind that shes a brilliant dog,still comes to work with me

Bless her! My last dog (pet dog not working) developed epilepsy at 18 months old, was medicated for it which controlled it for a while, but became worse and his fits developed in to clusters, so had him put down at just over 2yrs old, broke my heart that! His meds were £100 ish a month to begin with, but were up at just shy of £200 a month towards the end. Like you say though, you dont begrudge it as theyre part of the family, treated like one of your kids. (Mine are anyhow)
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Bless her! My last dog (pet dog not working) developed epilepsy at 18 months old, was medicated for it which controlled it for a while, but became worse and his fits developed in to clusters, so had him put down at just over 2yrs old, broke my heart that! His meds were £100 ish a month to begin with, but were up at just shy of £200 a month towards the end. Like you say though, you dont begrudge it as theyre part of the family, treated like one of your kids. (Mine are anyhow)

Same here,while she,s still enjoying life we,ll keep doing it,just starting to lose her sight a bit aswell but can still manage just fine for now,one of the best dogs i,ve had

• Like 2