ArbDogs? Pics!

Burnham

Shes turned 11 now and been diabetic for 18mths now,inject her twice a day but she does really well, £100 in insulin a month but i dont mind that shes a brilliant dog,still comes to work with me

Bless her! My last dog (pet dog not working) developed epilepsy at 18 months old, was medicated for it which controlled it for a while, but became worse and his fits developed in to clusters, so had him put down at just over 2yrs old, broke my heart that! His meds were £100 ish a month to begin with, but were up at just shy of £200 a month towards the end. Like you say though, you dont begrudge it as theyre part of the family, treated like one of your kids. (Mine are anyhow)
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Bless her! My last dog (pet dog not working) developed epilepsy at 18 months old, was medicated for it which controlled it for a while, but became worse and his fits developed in to clusters, so had him put down at just over 2yrs old, broke my heart that! His meds were £100 ish a month to begin with, but were up at just shy of £200 a month towards the end. Like you say though, you dont begrudge it as theyre part of the family, treated like one of your kids. (Mine are anyhow)

Same here,while she,s still enjoying life we,ll keep doing it,just starting to lose her sight a bit aswell but can still manage just fine for now,one of the best dogs i,ve had

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/11/2018 at 18:19, David Cropper said:

My mate is James of Depannage365,  always on FB work wise. He has a scrap yard for all the knackered cars he recovers. The Belgian and the German have been joined by a 4 year old Belgian bitch he got from the Malinois refuse down near Angouleme.  They contacted him to see if he could take her. Poor sod's been knocked about and is very fragile, trusts no one and consequently cannot herself be trusted. Time will tell how she turns out. There really are some horrible bastards out there. 

Got a call yesterday from my mate at the scrap yard. He went to a breeder of Malinois in the Dordogne who had two bitches that were going to be put down if nobody wanted them for free. One was 10 weeks old but had a bad reaction to her puppy jab, causing her to lose control over her hind legs, hopefully only temporarily. He's been given the tablets to control the symptoms.  The other bitch is 13 months old but has got "bat ears" so is not wanted for breeding. She's been spayed before getting rid of. Both have paperwork. He wants me to have the 13 month old one, lovely calm temperament,  very obedient, she lived in a cage in the kennel area but seems to have adapted to life inside although it's only been 48 hours since he got them. Only problem is my wife is frightened by big dogs, wants a yorkie of all things! Heart breaking to think these two dogs would have been destroyed. Pup is one on the couch in the photos.

received_2643151009040842.jpeg

20191101_085006.jpg

• Like 2